Best Forms of Bullion to Buy?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Best Forms of Bullion to Buy?

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Best Forms of Bullion to Buy?

Postby cooyon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:12 pm

I agree with much of what he outlined. I would add these to my stockpile:

40% halves
rolls of US nickels
rolls of US Cu cents
and to a lesser degree, .800 Canadian silver and rolls of .999 nickels.

When the dollar devaluation occurs (a holiday weekend??) the FED will declare a bank holiday maybe lasting a week, I would stockpile a lot of $1 FRNs and a lot of small change to shop with cash at grocery stores, etc, early birds will get the milk, the bread if they have cash.

90% Ag is still #1 though, IMHO.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 pm

"Last, I would have a significant quantity of U.S. 90 percent silver coins. Because of their divisibility, I think they could easily end up being the preferred spending money in a post-U.S. dollar America."

The last line in the article (above) pretty much says it all. :shh:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John Reich » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 pm

He says he wouldn't stack any platinum. I think having a small amount is good--buy when platinum sells for less than gold and trade into gold when platinum sells for more than gold.

Same thing with gold/silver--play the gold/silver ratio. The idea is to play the ratio to increase the number of ounces you own.
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals