United States Mint ~ Rant!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

United States Mint ~ Rant!

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:39 pm

A while back after my wife was on the phone for like four hours trying to place an order for a proof gold 2014 Baseball HOF coin. I knew in placing the order the coin would be shipped later.

However we got an email saying a package would arrive today that needed a signature. So, we waited around and then around 2:20 the guy arrived with the package. I open the box and no coin was inside but there was a shipping invoice that said the coin was backordered, well duh! Plus a postage charge of $4.95 for a United States Mint Reusable Bag that I did not order! :x

You got to wonder who the idiot was that thought it was a good idea to mail a empty bag! I called customer service and told the girl upfront I knew it was not her fault but I did not want to be charged postage again for something I did not order....She said when the coin will ship in late June or maybe even July and that I would not be charged a shipping charge....I doubt that, but we shall see..... :roll:
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: United States Mint ~ Rant!

Postby Slaphot » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:44 pm

At least you will get your coins. The mint just canceled the order on me. :evil:
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:43 pm

i'm sorry for you Copper.....that IS a terrible feeling....is the coin a whole toz?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu May 01, 2014 6:46 am

$5 GOLD COIN

Composition 90% gold, 10% alloy
Diameter 0.850 inch (± 0.005)
21.59 mm (± 0.127)
Weight 8.359 grams
Overall Height 0.141 inch (± 0.005)
Mintage Limit 50,000 across all gold product options
Copper Catcher

Postby stlouiscoin » Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 am

That's the wonderful beauracracy working for ya! :thumbup:
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cooyon » Thu May 01, 2014 10:44 am

IRT the OP's concern about postage...I had a split order...the first part included the 4.95 postage fee, the final part with the backordered coins did not have a postage fee...the wonderful free bag was in with the first shipment.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverstacker » Thu May 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:A while back after my wife was on the phone for like four hours trying to place an order for a proof gold 2014 Baseball HOF coin. I knew in placing the order the coin would be shipped later.

However we got an email saying a package would arrive today that needed a signature. So, we waited around and then around 2:20 the guy arrived with the package. I open the box and no coin was inside but there was a shipping invoice that said the coin was backordered, well duh! Plus a postage charge of $4.95 for a United States Mint Reusable Bag that I did not order! :x

You got to wonder who the idiot was that thought it was a good idea to mail a empty bag! I called customer service and told the girl upfront I knew it was not her fault but I did not want to be charged postage again for something I did not order....She said when the coin will ship in late June or maybe even July and that I would not be charged a shipping charge....I doubt that, but we shall see..... :roll:

I would just like to point out that his Wife was trying to purchase a gold proof coin. Where did I go wrong?? :clap:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat May 10, 2014 8:47 am

I was busy so she agreed to stay on the phone as long as it took to buy the coin. That is what 27 years of marriage gets you. :angel:
Copper Catcher

Postby cooyon » Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:I was busy so she agreed to stay on the phone as long as it took to buy the coin. That is what 27 years of marriage gets you. :angel:

Sir, you are a lucky man! My 28 years of marriage would earn me a two-minute wait and two weeks of hearing about it.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals