One Big Open Interest Building in Board Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

One Big Open Interest Building in Board Silver

Postby neilgin1 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:06 am

i'm sure you all have noticed this, but there is a huge open interest building in NY futures silver....July, as of this morning 9 May, over 106,000 contracts.

I, personally haven't seen this much in one contract month for a long time.

Its going to be interesting to see which way she breaks. Doc Rodee, I know is looking for lower prices.

over the long term, my views are clear.....much higher.

Now since the futures markets, imo, have been "infected", its obvious some entity is piling in the market, for a push......where?

based on past bias, it would seem to be lower.....just based on the "board", whilst demand has remained strong.

I even detect a third wave of NEW buyers, based on Ebay observations, which some may scoff at, but I believe represent the now dwindling middle class awakening to the concept of "hard money". I forget the percentage of Americans actively buying PM's, but isn't it in the low single digits?....so even an addition of 1% of our countrymen, wouldn't that equal 3 million more buyers?

i'm going out on a limb, even the though the harder trade would be to short the board, assuming one is foolish enough to EVEN trade the board, I opine that we trade to $26, and cover that tech gap up there. based on the higher open interest.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: One Big Open Interest Building in Board Silver

Postby johnbrickner » Fri May 09, 2014 8:28 am

Thanks for the insight Neil. Perhaps I should look at open interest, much more than I do now (like never). I'm just thankful I have members here like you who are kind enough to share your thought process on the events. Thank you Neil, keep writing.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 am

neilgin1 wrote: I forget the percentage of Americans actively buying PM's, but isn't it in the low single digits?....so even an addition of 1% of our countrymen, wouldn't that equal 3 million more buyers?

I remember reading on this board that only 1% to 2% of Americans are buying PM's. I wonder what the percent was during the "Silver Rush" of 1980? I remember that was the first and only time in my life that the common worker was discussing silver during our lunch breaks.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri May 09, 2014 11:36 am

The big push that many of us are anticipating will not happen until there is proper price discovery, not possible under the current system, and when stocks of both gold and silver are depleted.

The July contracts are interesting. Time will tell what that means.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Fri May 09, 2014 12:12 pm

I suspect that if physical and paper PM ever separate, the dollar is going to crash. And vice-versa.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals