Silver Maples in Plastic - Keep in plastic?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Maples in Plastic - Keep in plastic?

Postby JadeDragon » Sat May 31, 2014 10:54 pm

I have a few silver maple leafs in the mint packaged plastic sheets. I also have single Maples in plastic. The plastic sheets in particular are really a pain to store - just eat up space. Would I hurt the value if I tubed these instead?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver Maples in Plastic - Keep in plastic?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 am

It just depends on the buyer. For some purists, the mint plastic is important. It keeps the Maple Leaf in the exact condition it was the day it left the Mint.

Others don't care so long as there are no scratches on the coin while inside the tube. Then there are others who think bullion is bullion.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals