Has to be the most beat-up FRB I've ever gotten

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Has to be the most beat-up FRB I've ever gotten

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:44 pm

And it was a small box to boot - what they heck did they do to it, play football with it? If the PO worker had only known what he could have literally shaken out of the box, if he'd just tried a couple of shakes....

But everything arrived fine, amazingly. But my heart was on the ground for a few minutes, until I could open it.

20140613_203134.jpg
20140613_203134.jpg (126.31 KiB) Viewed 686 times

20140613_203150.jpg
20140613_203150.jpg (112.16 KiB) Viewed 686 times
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Has to be the most beat-up FRB I've ever gotten

Postby Thogey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:49 pm

great post.

Let this serve as a reminder to everyone. TAPE! Quality tape!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:21 pm

You've had a lucky break; the lost mail gnomes have been thwarted again.

The small FRB has been prone to bursting open for years. It's a combination of an inadequate glue strip, perforated edges, and that customers tend to put heavy items in them. Also, each new redesign of the USPS box seems to use thinner cardboard than the last.

Whenever I use one for shipping, I seal all of the edges. Another common approach is to put the small FRB into a flat rate envelope.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:01 pm

tape is cheap... lost contents aren't :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby uthminsta » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:36 pm

How much did the contents weigh?
uthminsta

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:00 am

uthminsta wrote:How much did the contents weigh?

5 pounds - some mass to it but not like it was crammed full of lead.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 am

oh man....what a nightmare!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:45 pm

From the words of Andrew Dice Clay, "Unbelievable"
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Problem was that Post-it stuck to the delivery address.

The postmen, not knowing where to mail the package, just keep it in circulation for a month.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Zincanator » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:57 am

My local post office is awful. It's like they are trained on being as slow and rude as possible. They literally sigh and roll their eyes when you ask for anything other than a book of stamps. Any package I get that is even a little bit heavy looks like it was molested by a rabid elephant. I've had packages lost, then months later they'll somehow find in a dark corner of the building. I've filed legitimate insurance claims for damage or loss, and exhaustively follow up again and again, only to keep getting the runaround until I finally just give up. The other day I was in line and watched a supervisor slowly walk over to a ringing phone and say, "Post office, can you hold please?"... then casually lean on a wall and look off into the distance, with that customer on eternal hold for no reason whatsoever.

Others may have great USPS service, but I always expect the worst at my PO. And yeah, they deliver. This pic is my most recent random act of package violence... steak seasoning... just glad they didn't bust the marinade out of its pouch.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.86 KiB) Viewed 434 times
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverstacker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:20 pm

Wow. I have a couple boxes leaving on Monday and I promiss it will take near 5 minutes to crack the box. Unreal!
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals