It's Still Out There - Ask Your Toll Workers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

It's Still Out There - Ask Your Toll Workers

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:47 pm

A toll worker on one of my routes occasionally shows me his finds from cracked rolls or collected from the traveling public.

It's amazing what's still out there. Earlier this year he showed me a mercury from the 40s with minimal wear, and a small herd of buffalo.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: It's Still Out There - Ask Your Toll Workers

Postby cooyon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Dr. Cadmium wrote:A toll worker on one of my routes occasionally shows me his finds from cracked rolls or collected from the traveling public.

It's amazing what's still out there. Earlier this year he showed me a mercury from the 40s with minimal wear, and a small herd of buffalo.

+1
I got a 1943-P war nickel in change the other day at the Golden Corral restaurant ( on top of my senior early bird discount)...this stuff really is still out there, just have to be lucky.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby amalekidad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:59 am

Y'all are STILL 'out there' :P
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby xippi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:58 am

Very cool.
I don't have a fastpass EZ pass or whatever they call it in your state and don't plan on getting one. Like I want another tracking device :roll: . We do have the Massachusetts Turnpike that goes east to west across the the state. It was suppose to be Free once it was paid for , 30 years ago, but that's another story.
For the limited amount of driving i do on the toll roads. I always ask for nickels for change. if they say something I usually just say its for the parking meters. I think I might just say I'm collecting the metal and do you have any silver for sale. :P 8-)
xippi
Penny Collector Member

Postby creshka46 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:19 am

Last week I went to the bank to make a withdrawal (not coins) and while I was there I saw some ikes sitting in her tray. So O asked if I could withdraw those as well. She said sure and grabbed the stack. Lo and behold! There was a 1921 Morgan in there! Totally made my day :)
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Zincanator » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:14 am

Saw an OUT OF ORDER sign on the Coinstar at the grocery store the other day, but still walked by to see what was in the return bin. To my surprise, somebody left a silver Canadian quarter behind. Bonus!
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals