Great scores last 2 days!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Great scores last 2 days!!

Postby gothboi30 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:32 pm

I've had some pretty good luck the last 2 days!! I got bummed out after yesterdays $973 skunk on halves. Went to a dump bank and scored a '96 Canadian dime in the reject tray!! YAY for .999 Ni!! Headed out to a bank I don't visit very often today. I wasn't real encouraged, as they only had $100 in halves left. SCORE!!! 10 rolls of halves yielded MY FIRST 3 FRANKLINS!! They were '50D, '51, and '59D. The '50 and the '59 still have partial bell lines visible!! Also scored a '67 40%er. Not too shabby when 40% (4 of 10) of your half rolls contain silver!! I have a 50% silver success rate @ this bank. I've gotten halves from them 4 times, scoring silver 2 out of the 4 times. Head teller is a very nice lady as well. I ordered a $500 box that is supposed to be in on Feb. 8th. I've also found 9 silver Roosies searching 6 $250 boxes of dimes over the last two days. Scored another .999 Ni Canadian dime today (an '89). Banks are open tomorrow until 1 pm, so I'm gonna dump the clad, and try to get 3 more boxes of dimes. At least 2 (and possibly 3) of my dime boxes had 2 silver Roosies in 'em!! Total score for the 2 days is 13 silver coins, 2 .999 Ni Canadian coins, and one Swiss 1/2 Franc. Now to see what the $25 Brinks box of cents brings me....maybe lots of wheaties, or another indian....fingers crossed.... :D
gothboi30
Penny Collector Member

Re: Great scores last 2 days!!

Postby misteroman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 am

only one box of pennies? since your doing close to 1K in halves, ya can at least do $100 in pennies!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Great scores last 2 days!!

Postby gothboi30 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:11 am

misteroman wrote:only one box of pennies? since your doing close to 1K in halves, ya can at least do $100 in pennies!

I'm a handsorter (no Ryedale), so it takes quite some time and effort to sort out the coppers, Canadians, wheats, and zincs. Then I have to hand count all the Canadians and wheats. Next, I weigh all the 1982s. Finally, I have to HAND COUNT all the coppers, and get final numbers and percentages to post here in the tracking threads. It's A LOT of work....(and I'm kinda getting tired of hand counting over 600 copper cents each box....VERY time consuming). Halves and dimes are just quicker and easier to sort through, plus with cents there's no silver....
gothboi30
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals