LCS Scene?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

LCS Scene?

Postby 93_Confirmed » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:16 pm

How bleak is the LCS scene? Are local shops even selling any PMs right now and how absurd are the premiums? I've been out of the game since last Spring and need to catch up. :wave:
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Re: LCS Scene?

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:55 pm

It's quite common for LCS shops tend to raise premiums when the price drops. My LCS guy is dying to buy anything he can get. He offered me $20 above spot for 1oz gold AMEs and CMLs. I was in a tight spot last month and had to get my car fixed and pay my car insurance, so I sold him a 1oz CML with abrasions. The next day he sold it for $75 over spot.

He told me he is having a hard time because most people are not selling. Lots of people want to buy. Only desperate weak hands are selling.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals