Apmex now buying only certain products

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Apmex now buying only certain products

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 am

Just an FYI...

I sold them some pre-1921 Morgan's this morning. The trader mentioned that since the Ag price has dropped so much, they are getting selective about what they are buying. He had to clear the purchase with a manager before he locked me in.

If you MUST sell anything to them, you'd better do it today.

Indicative of a bottom?... maybe, maybe not.

Again, just an FYI for you guys.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Apmex now buying only certain products

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 am

You probably would have gotten better prices on here!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Why would their reluctance to BUY be an indication of a bottom? To me that sounds like they think it may fall even more.

Or more likely they are now negatively leveraged and they just want things that will sell quickly so they can effectively manage short term cash flow.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:18 pm

if this keeps up your going to be seeing some other online dealers going under. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 pm

barrytrot wrote:Why would their reluctance to BUY be an indication of a bottom? To me that sounds like they think it may fall even more.

Or more likely they are now negatively leveraged and they just want things that will sell quickly so they can effectively manage short term cash flow.

Using this as a contrary indicator.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:51 pm

beauanderos wrote:if this keeps up your going to be seeing some other online dealers going under. :roll:

That wouldn't surprise me. The bullion game is a tough one!

This seems like a pretty nice entry point for a new player though!
barrytrot

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 pm

highroller4321 wrote:You probably would have gotten better prices on here!

Really?... I could sell 100 of them all at once at a $12 numis premium on each coin above the melt price?

By the time I dilly dally with all emails back and forth the price of Ag would be $10/oz. :lol:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

Really?... I could sell 100 of them all at once at a $12 numis premium on each coin above the melt price?

By the time I dilly dally with all emails back and forth the price of Ag would be $10/oz. :lol:

Rodebaugh listed some Morgans the other day, and they sold in six minutes. How long were you on the phone with apmex?

Apmex IS getting picky about what dollars they'll buy, though. I'm guessing they've gotten burned with too many fakes, and are trying to get out of the Morgan market.

http://www.apmex.com/apmextop40
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:24 am

Looks like they aren't even actively seeking to buy junk silver now. Wunnerful. How long before Instead of having to determine authenticity of individual coins, they won't even carry them anymore once their inventory is depleted?
Thanks, China :sick: :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 am

Engineer wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

Rodebaugh listed some Morgans the other day, and they sold in six minutes. How long were you on the phone with apmex?

Apmex IS getting picky about what dollars they'll buy, though. I'm guessing they've gotten burned with too many fakes, and are trying to get out of the Morgan market.

http://www.apmex.com/apmextop40

On the phone maybe 3 minutes. I don't agree I could've sold them here for the price Apmex paid me. If you notice, they are no longer buying the Morgan's (EF) I sold them... now it just says N/A in the buy price column. I sold them just in time. ;)

Apmex is buying less and less coins because the price is dropping too fast, not because they got burned buying fake coins. Where did you get that information?
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:28 am

Considering where the Ag price is now, I feel like a genius right now 8-) :P

Just dumb luck on my part.

Apmex is now paying/buying much less than they were a month ago. Their premiums have risen significantly over the past few weeks, especially on 90%.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals