This forum of ours

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

This forum of ours

Postby silverstacker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:27 pm

I have been buying PM's since I was 12 years of age. My grandfather actually started me off in the collection of coins and the benefits of PM,s as a hedge. What a wise man. Anyway, through my years buying and selling I have come across many avenues to accomplish this. From the LCS to the trade show there are many different people and places you can do business. It took me a long time to even consider coming to one of these blog sites ( or whatever it's officially called" for fear that you can't see the actual person or product that you are buying. And the fear that came with sending someone money and expecting them to send me authentic product back.

After spending some time with a family member who is also a stacker and widely known on RC, he convinced me that this is a safe environment and gave me a few names like Chris and Ray to start getting my feet with at first.

I started with RC in Janurary and with BS in March of this year and I have to tell everyone that listens that this is the most honest and educated forum I have ever been a part of. This community of ours has become not only my number one place to conduct PM business but a place that I can go to for sound advice ( from most of you at least :shh: )

Everyday that I log on I am completely confident that I'm surrounded by people nay friends that I not only buy and sell to but can also have an educated conversation with.

On that note I will leave as I have the ability to ramble on.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: This forum of ours

Postby Rosco » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:57 pm

I also feel Secure here :clap: all deals have worked

A fun place to hang out

Russ aka Rosco :thumbup:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Only done a few deals here myself, but I've never fretted about entering into one on here.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:44 pm

Silverstacker, I couldn't agree more. An intelligent conversation, comradery, old school style of business done with one's word and a handshake that make for honorable dealings, and a spectrum of personalities and characters (some even have character). What did I leave out? Humor! Surrounded by many who share common thoughts with us, often with acceptance and appreciation of the diversity among us.

Were the rest of my world so good~
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby theshoenlebens » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:57 pm

johnbrickner wrote:Silverstacker, I couldn't agree more. An intelligent conversation, comradery, old school style of business done with one's word and a handshake that make for honorable dealings, and a spectrum of personalities and characters (some even have character). What did I leave out? Humor! Surrounded by many who share common thoughts with us, often with acceptance and appreciation of the diversity among us.

Were the rest of my world so good~

^^^^^This about sums it up. :clap: :clap: :clap:^^^
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Don't be complacent. There have been plenty of total wormy scumbag members. I can start a separate thread naming them one by one if you like.
Out of the thousands that have lurked and joined. Maybe a couple dozen core members, thanks to those who manage this site, have made it a success. They are prudent, careful and realistic in their expectations.
Everyone should have the same attitude. That is what maintains a safe and effective market forum.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:09 pm

There is still an element of buyer beware but the reputable members are well known. I have the dubious distinction of giving the first negative feedback in our system and also the first (maybe the only) to give two negatives. Lost money on those two deals, fortunately only a small percentage of my transactions.

The people we trust are those that have earned that right.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby silverstacker » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Thogey wrote:Don't be complacent. There have been plenty of total wormy scumbag members. I can start a separate thread naming them one by one if you like.
Out of the thousands that have lurked and joined. Maybe a couple dozen core members, thanks to those who manage this site, have made it a success. They are prudent, careful and realistic in their expectations.
Everyone should have the same attitude. That is what maintains a safe and effective market forum.

Of course not. I have certain people that I buy from and like it that way. The point that I was trying to get across is that this is a great site that has many good honest members. That's all. Your always going to have the rotten apples.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:39 pm

I've enjoyed this forum for several years and have learned much from some good people here. I've always found the people I've dealt with to be honest, decent people. Nice place.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 am

On Thogey's note allow me to add: Take the time to look at and read the feedback of those you consider dealing with. If you deal with the top 50 on the RC Best Feedback Chart you've very good odds of experiencing what I describe in my above post over the long term. You don't make the hit parade unless you got what it takes and those at the top of the charts are there for a reason.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:39 pm

well, Im gonna have to get off my lazy butt and sell a few things to get into that top 50 :)
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby smackvay » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:48 pm

im VERY happy with my time here and I like the wireless handshake on a deal :thumbup:
as I do and check to see if I made the top 50 8-)
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:02 pm

I think the top 24 are solid... after that... :? :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:38 am

beauanderos wrote:I think the top 24 are solid... after that... :? :lol:

Yeah, bunch of wormy scumbags after that!
#50 isn't even a member anymore...
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:53 am

I resemble that remark.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby smackvay » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:03 pm

yeah yeah yeah LMAO thank you for the laugh I really needed after today
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Feedback alone doesn't reflect the only trustworthy members....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby hobo finds » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:32 pm

I agree as we "merged" with Bullion Stacker lots more deals made here, also with the "KSA's" as with anything if the deal looks too good, don't do it. And feedback may and may not help just depends on how the deal goes down.
hobo finds

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals