Sell your silver on E-bay! net 17X FV

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sell your silver on E-bay! net 17X FV

Postby Thogey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-SILVER-COIN- ... fresh=true

You better believe I'm going to do this. Does this signal a spot vs. physical decoupling?

These coins are average beaters. I did the math. After ship and fees seller is at at 17X. Plough it back into .90 junk here at 13-14X FV :shifty: 8-) :thumbup:

Opinions?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Sell your silver on E-bay! net 17X FV

Postby Morsecode » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Definitely. And if you dig a little deeper I'm sure you could find "sets" going for 18, 19 or 20x face. The more unrelated they are the better they seem to sell.

I believe it's been noted here before that ebay metal sales under $50 generally do well. If I was selling, and had the patience, why not? But I wouldn't say this is a sign of price discovery so much as unsophisticated buyers nibbling around the edges.

I saw a guy at the Gold Exchange today pay $96 for 4 ASE's. He didn't look like a dumb guy either. Of course, I then went ahead and paid $15 for 4 cherrypicked Washington quarters....just because I was there :thumbup:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby deacon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:32 pm

I've thought about doing this, but I'be never sold on ebay before. I guess it's time to give it a shot.

Edit.
I just posted 5 lots under 2 face. It probably took about an hour to list them. We'll see if I'm swimming in money rommorow.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby dakota1955 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:30 pm

what are the links to the items
dakota1955

Postby Thogey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:07 pm

deacon wrote:I've thought about doing this, but I'be never sold on ebay before. I guess it's time to give it a shot.

Edit.
I just posted 5 lots under 2 face. It probably took about an hour to list them. We'll see if I'm swimming in money rommorow.

Yes Links Please!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby deacon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Since you guys asked, here is my account. http://www.ebay.com/usr/deacon2000?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
You should be able to find my selling items there. If not here is one of the sales, and then you can find the others from my page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161470405449

Any advice would be much appreciated since this is my first time selling. :oops:
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Your listings look every bit as good as the one in the OP.

Good luck!
Thogey

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 am

Thogey wrote:Your listings look every bit as good as the one in the OP.

Good luck!

Sure do. That's all you need. And you were smart to go with one day listings.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby brian0918 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:16 am

The OP listed his for 7 days, with a starting bid of $0.99. People seem to pay more attention when the starting bid is very low.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

deacon wrote:I've thought about doing this, but I'be never sold on ebay before. I guess it's time to give it a shot.

Edit.

The first ones are always the most time consuming to make. But after you sell yours or want to make another, just hit "relist" or "sell one similar" and it will fill in all your blanks and you can make whatever changes you need without re-creating the whole auction

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby brian0918 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Ebay's made it a lot less confusing than it used to be. I used to set aside an afternoon to make a listing. :P
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Wow your auctions did not pan out as good.

Could it be sunday night close is a bad idea?
Thogey

Postby deacon » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Yeah, I was hoping for 17 face per lot lol. I ended up with between 12 and 15.5 face per lot. Now that is before fees, so it will come out to less. :sick:

It could be a lot of things. I have no selling feedback. It could also be that under 2 face isn't interesting enough. I also had $2.3 for shipping.

I made a few more lots earlier today. Two are over two face, the other four are below two face.

So I guess I can try 3 face, free shipping, and a 3 day auction. I'll wait for some feedback from these buyers first before I try again. :(
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverstacker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:41 pm

deacon wrote:Yeah, I was hoping for 17 face per lot lol. I ended up with between 12 and 15.5 face per lot. Now that is before fees, so it will come out to less. :sick:

It could be a lot of things. I have no selling feedback. It could also be that under 2 face isn't interesting enough. I also had $2.3 for shipping.

I made a few more lots earlier today. Two are over two face, the other four are below two face.

So I guess I can try 3 face, free shipping, and a 3 day auction. I'll wait for some feedback from these buyers first before I try again. :(

Does eBay treat 90% as they do bullion and charge 10% in fees? Or are the fees less.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby deacon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:09 am

I think it's a 10% fee plus a 3% charge for paypal.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby MatthewsTech » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:45 am

deacon wrote:I think it's a 10% fee plus a 3% charge for paypal.

This is correct unless you have an ebay store, then i think its 8% for bullion(varies by category for stores) or if your a top rated power seller then you save 20% effectively making it 8%+ 3% even without a store.
1% Cash Back on Bullion from Ebay @ ebates: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=EmU8DkL62%2BPQi2w8e28nMQ%3D%3D&eeid=26471 (referral link)

Plus earn even more at most online retailers.
MatthewsTech
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Hey Deacon. Sorry for bringing this thread up. Looks like you did not do near as well as the seller listed in the OP.

Anyone have a clue why? I think your short duration and the end times hurt you. Saturday is a good time to end auctions. The guy who got $42 for his lot had war nicks.

Could it be the bidders overbid on the nickels? You didn't get hurt too bad though. It looks like after shipping and fees you should be right around melt.

I did not see any problems with your listings. You had nice pictures, it did not seem as if anything would be confusing.
Thogey

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:19 pm

What something sells for on Feebay does not mean that's what you'll get for it. That $42 bid could have been some dumb kid not knowing the current spot price for those junk coins.

I could never do this in good conscience. I feel sorry for the buyer(s).

Most people in this world are overtaken and consumed by greed... it's sad.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:.

I could never do this in good conscience. I feel sorry for the buyer(s).

Most people in this world are overtaken and consumed by greed... it's sad.

How does "greed" enter into this? The seller, buyer?

The seller created an honest listing, no deception intended or perceived. Did he do something dishonest?

Just trying to feel your opinion, not wanting to create heat :angel:
Thogey

Postby aaa30040 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I think you should sell there if you can get the price and after fees it is worth it to you. I just "bought" silver for 17x 3 days ago. I had bought something for work and got reimbursed and had "free" ebay bucks to spend. After spending several hours looking at and bidding fair prices on multiple auction where I didn't win any, I figured my time was worth something and the ebay bucks cost me nothing, so I hit But It Now on 17x silver for $2 face.
aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Postby deacon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:10 am

No one makes people bid higher on ebay. As long as a seller is honest, and the buyer gets what they want, what's the harm?
I might try some BINS later.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals