SilverTowne...anyone buy from or visit their showroom?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

SilverTowne...anyone buy from or visit their showroom?

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Just curious about SilverTowne. Anybody ever go to their showroom or buy from them? Silver looks cheap there compared to other silver websites. It's not actually close to me but I have friends close to their showroom. Curious before I make a decision to check them out in person.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: SilverTowne...anyone buy from or visit their showroom?

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:50 pm

My dad and I buy from SilverTowne online a lot (both through their website, and through their Ebay store). Never been to their physical location though.

We've always been happy with their service -- I don't know about their Customer Service though, as neither of us have ever had a problem that necessitated reaching out to them.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:54 pm

never been to their store but have bought from them many times online without a problem

always their brand name donkey bars

with free shipping on their branded products they beat anywhere ive found

they give a break for paying by check too

my orders are small though

http://www.silvertowne.com/p-23737-silv ... -20pc.aspx
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby pennyguy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Rob
They charge us Indiana boys sales tax :thumbdown:
pennyguy
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:28 pm

pennyguy wrote:Rob
They charge us Indiana boys sales tax :thumbdown:

Thanks Gene....I forgot about that! :thumbdown:
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby soundman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:48 am

I live less than 30 minutes away. It's always nice to run up there just to drool over the displays. Staff is generally friendly although not always knowledgeable depending on who you get. I'm not trying to pick on them. They have to deal with a lot of dregs trying to sell stolen coins/jewelry all the time since they are so well known in the area. They make the paper every once in a while when druggies try to fence their stolen goods there. Great place to get numismatic supplies. Their custom bars and rounds are neat for gifts. No foreign junk bin at least whenever I've gone.
soundman

Postby dannan14 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:52 pm

i buy from them online, but i've never been to Winchester...my college freshman roommate was from there. Just knowing him made me think there was no reason to ever visit the place lol. Of course, that was many years before i started stacking silver.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals