Is it the US political situation driving PM prices

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Is it the US political situation driving PM prices

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 am

I think US politics is a driving force behind PM price.

It would be interesting to see a graph plotting events against prices,

Remember what happened the night silver nose dived from a recent all time high?

(A free silver dime to the first correct answer)

It's seems as if the metal prices dropped as news of popular opinion started leaning against the liberals.

Now silver is dropping fast, as if some sanity will return to our fiscal maneuvering. We all know it's too late for that.

Is this an interesting hypothesis?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Is it the US political situation driving PM prices

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 am

Osama bin laden was captured and killed. I remember it well. Potentially great news and silver was falling very sharply.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Osama bin laden was captured and killed. I remember it well. Potentially great news and silver was falling very sharply.

Ding Ding Ding.

PM an address. Dime will mail tomorrow.

The Bin Laden raid was clearly a political event. Maybe perceived stability hurt metal?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 am

Even better time to buy...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:50 am

Yes I think politics are driving the prices. My take on it is that with the Republican gains we should see more austerity measures put in place and more deflation hence the downward price spiral in commodities.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby brian0918 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:10 am

blackrabbit wrote:Yes I think politics are driving the prices. My take on it is that with the Republican gains we should see more austerity measures put in place and more deflation hence the downward price spiral in commodities.

I'm not as optimistic. I really doubt the GOP will significantly slow the increase in government spending, let alone actually reduce spending.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:34 am

I don't think so either, I just think the government spending will increase even more on bombs and military contracts, "security", and huge/insider corporate subsidies which will be great for a few, while overall it will be be deflationary for the economy. The austerity measures will be for stuff like food stamps, the post office, and unemployment benefits which will be more widely felt.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:16 pm

The puppetmasters are in the process of tying their strings onto a new band of puppets.

Why do you expect changes?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:15 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:The puppetmasters are in the process of tying their strings onto a new band of puppets.

Why do you expect changes?

QFT
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals