Peruvian Silver!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Peruvian Silver!

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello Realcenters!

I'm taking a 4 month trip to Peru for school. I'm hoping to acquire some of the shiny they have in their country. Does anyone have any silver from Peru?

I can't wait! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Peruvian Silver!

Postby Thogey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Watch out for counterfeits. Silver soles are widely faked.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Yup. Good idea. I'll have to buy from a reputable dealer down there....if I can find one. :?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Remember some of them are 90% and some are 50%.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:50 pm

So I have returned from my 4 month excursion to Peru. All I can say is.....there is silver EVERYWHERE! However, they do not have silver coinage, and I asked around. I did encounter some fake regular currency though. I guess it's a big problem down there. Plenty of silver to be had, mostly 95 Sterling in many different forms; trinkets, statues, jewelry...etc.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:49 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:So I have returned from my 4 month excursion to Peru. All I can say is.....there is silver EVERYWHERE! However, they do not have silver coinage, and I asked around. I did encounter some fake regular currency though. I guess it's a big problem down there. Plenty of silver to be had, mostly 95 Sterling in many different forms; trinkets, statues, jewelry...etc.

So what did you buy? ;)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Unfortunately, not a whole lot....as I was running out of funds after 4 months. However, I did get some great ideas on what to buy on my return trip later on this year or early next
year! Plenty of sterling silver to go around...certainly no shortage of it in Peru!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals