Biggest Stockpile Of Physical Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Biggest Stockpile Of Physical Silver

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:26 am

Why Is JP Morgan Accumulating The Biggest Stockpile Of Physical Silver In History?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... in-history
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Biggest Stockpile Of Physical Silver

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 am

Citibank Buys $1Billion in Gold From Venezuela
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/citibank ... ela_042015
Copper Catcher

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:31 am

They are getting close to passing my physical silver holdings. Lol
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:01 am

Fortunately, Adam Young still has them beat in copper.... :thumbup:
Copper Catcher

Postby Saabman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:06 am

Interesting articles! Thanks for posting them!! I wondering if they see that the can kicking is coming to an end and that they soon won't be able to suppress pm prices much longer?
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri May 01, 2015 3:07 am

Alex Jones at InfoWars (Austin, TX) says JPM Chase is long 55 million oz. so that they can short 10 times that much (with the fractional banking system) and therefore drive the price that much lower. I believe his comments were made on or about the 24th of this month.

When I reference the fractional banking system, think of it this way- you open a bank account with $1,000 cash, that allows the bank to lend $10,000 (10 times your new deposit) to others.

Alex Jones seems to be saying they're gonna somehow do the same thing with the silver they've amassed.

I can understand why a short seller would consider doing this if miners were making money hand over fist, but they aren't and there have even been some fairly recent bankruptcies (Allied Nevada, which mines both gold and silver, is one that recently declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy). So, if Alex Jones is right about JPM, they are playing a potentially dangerous game with the price this low. Oh well, maybe there is something they know that we don't- could it be that they feel the government will bail them out if they have a losing trade (so in other words they can't lose)?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby dannan14 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Recyclersteve wrote: So, if Alex Jones is right about JPM, they are playing a potentially dangerous game with the price this low. Oh well, maybe there is something they know that we don't- could it be that they feel the government will bail them out if they have a losing trade (so in other words they can't lose)?

How can it be a dangerous game for JPM...they control the price
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby Catfish4u » Fri May 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Why Is JP Morgan Accumulating The Biggest Stockpile Of Physical Silver In History?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... in-history

With the price of silver so low and near zero percent interest rates from the Fed there is not much downside?
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Recyclersteve wrote: could it be that they feel the government will bail them out if they have a losing trade (so in other words they can't lose)?

Are you kidding? The government!???

They will be bailed out by bail-ins. Whoever maintains banking accts at Morgan Chase (not to exclude the other too big to fails) is a fool. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri May 01, 2015 11:29 pm

dannan14 wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote: So, if Alex Jones is right about JPM, they are playing a potentially dangerous game with the price this low. Oh well, maybe there is something they know that we don't- could it be that they feel the government will bail them out if they have a losing trade (so in other words they can't lose)?

How can it be a dangerous game for JPM...they control the price

Let's assume they control the price for now. What if there was a legitimate shortage of physical silver? What if large manufacturers like G.M. or Apple came out and said they were having a hard time getting the physical silver they need to produce their goods and as a result they might have to shut down production lines? What if a few outspoken wealthy people (Carl Icahn and David Einhorn, among others) came out and said they were stockpiling the metal? These could be events that may shift a change in momentum.

The issue I have from an academic standpoint with gold is that we'll likely never run out of it, as very little gold is used for industrial needs. The amount of gold worldwide is getting bigger year after year. On the other hand, there are many who say that the worldwide supply of silver is actually much less than it was decades ago. I realize that with paper manipulation this doesn't really matter for now. But, in the event of a legitimate shortage, things could turn around in a hurry.

And no, I won't even begin to try and guess when that would happen. If it is 5 or 25 years from now, that is fine with me.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Catfish4u » Sat May 02, 2015 12:37 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I can understand why a short seller would consider doing this if miners were making money hand over fist, but they aren't and there have even been some fairly recent bankruptcies (Allied Nevada, which mines both gold and silver, is one that recently declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy). So, if Alex Jones is right about JPM, they are playing a potentially dangerous game with the price this low. Oh well, maybe there is something they know that we don't- could it be that they feel the government will bail them out if they have a losing trade (so in other words they can't lose)?

Could they just drive the price down forcing mining companies into bankruptcy, borrow money at zero percent from the fed and buy several mining companies? Then, controlling the mining AND the above ground silver let the price fly through the roof?
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 02, 2015 6:35 am

Gold is money. By definition you don't run out of it. Minor industrial use doesn't change that.

Silver is also money at a lesser level and with a greater industrial use.

That we are in culture that has been temporarily (decades long but temporary in historical terms) confused by financial manipulators into believing fiat is money doesn't change those things.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals