LCS Warned

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

LCS Warned

Postby silverstacker » Wed May 27, 2015 7:14 pm

So about a week ago I walked into my LCS to look for some art bars and unique items when I stumbled across one of many gold PAMP bars carded. I remember the thread and the discussion regarding FAKE bars and quickly looked up the thread on BS and warned them to get it checked out because I'm pretty sure its a fake (lines didn't match up and the font was wrong on the backside). Of course they asked how I knew and I told them that I belonged to an awesome community that knows a lot about PM's and recent FAKES.

So I go in there today and I asked them if they had decided to send it out for testing and they said no because of the size but decided to break it open and cut it in half. This is what it looked like. Never seen this "pinkish " color before and defiantly wasn't copper.

Any thoughts what this alloy is?

I have 3 more pics but am unable to upload as I've reached my limit its telling me. If you would like to see the "Pinkish" color a little better let me know.

SS
Attachments
IMG_3228.JPG
IMG_3228.JPG (53.93 KiB) Viewed 667 times
IMG_3227.JPG
IMG_3227.JPG (43.29 KiB) Viewed 667 times
IMG_3226.JPG
IMG_3226.JPG (67.03 KiB) Viewed 667 times
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG (73.04 KiB) Viewed 667 times
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: LCS Warned

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Good eye.....and nice work.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: LCS Warned

Postby theshoenlebens » Thu May 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Very good eye. :thumbup:
Being a electroplater I have seen copper that is very pink. At least it is a sign that the item as clean correctly before plating. :thumbdown: :?
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals