What is the best source for Maple Leaf Monster Boxes?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:59 am

I'm going to get back into buying silver again and I like the new security "15" thing, so I'm going with Maple Leaves for now.

Once I sort it out, I'll likely do a group buy if people want to get another box (I'm getting at least one full box).
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What is the best source for Maple Leaf Monster Boxes?

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:59 am

barrytrot wrote:What is the best source for Maple Leaf Monster Boxes?

I'm going to get back into buying silver again and I like the new security "15" thing, so I'm going with Maple Leaves for now.

Once I sort it out, I'll likely do a group buy if people want to get another box (I'm getting at least one full box).

hey Barry, whats up?....hope you are well. I like MCM Modern Coin Mart, and on Ebay now, they got a monster box of 2015 Maples for

$9555 buy it now.......and they got a thing, if you use PayPalCredit, you buy it now and got 6 months, zero interest to pay it off, which would be $1593 a month, provided they give you at least 10k credit....I used this method to get 3 25toz rolls....and I like it, coz it allows me to precisely budgetpay a fixed amount every month that is completely doable....I got in, under the 12 month pay plan at 0% interest......so I pay $175 a month, which for me is beautiful......

here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-Monster- ... 1505111986?

have a great day!! your bud, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:33 am

You can never go wrong by dropping Christostock a wants list. He's the master at vulturing road kill's during manipulated price drops. He keeps an eye on the markets (and offers specials) so you don't have to. :thumbup:

ok, Chris... where's my commission? :lol:

that said, we're entering the seasonally slow period for precious metals... you can probably anticipate a sideways or downwards drifting channel until Sept. A buying opportunity!!! :)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby pennypicker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:37 pm

The 2015 maples with the obverse/reverse radial lines coupled with the "15" security mark are great rounds to hoard. Hopefully our government will follow suit and start adding security features to the ASE :thumbup:....hopefully.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I would prefer to "pay now" instead of credit :)

And I want to pay the lowest possible premium. The $9,500 is $19 per and that's 45 cents each higher than APMEX.

I was hoping to find cheaper than APMEX :)
barrytrot

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Provident is good to deal with and they are one of the cheapest I can see at the moment.

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/ ... boxes.html
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:40 pm

what kind of deals does tulving have these days....... :?
TXBullion

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:44 pm

barrytrot wrote:I would prefer to "pay now" instead of credit :)

And I want to pay the lowest possible premium. The $9,500 is $19 per and that's 45 cents each higher than APMEX.

I was hoping to find cheaper than APMEX :)

weren't you the one who videoed the opening of a monster box of ase's here a few years ago ?

is it sad that I still remember seeing all those tubes of silver... :lol:

do the same thing with the maples !
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Ok, Provident looks fine. I'm going to order in a few days (I think). And I will post info if I decide to do a group buy for another box.

Yes, I did a group buy a few years ago and we bought a monster box of ASE and Maples at that time.
barrytrot

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Might be up for some rolls if it happens.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:30 am

TXBullion wrote:what kind of deals does tulving have these days....... :?

Some on this site may not know but Hannes Tulving (in Orange County in So. Calif.) ran a huge metals operation, but declared bankruptcy in early March, 2014.

This video, still available on Youtube, will make your mouths water when you see the sheer bulk of stuff they had. It is 2:30 long.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Rra5nd57U [/youtube]
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 am

By the way, the opening shot in the video (by my calculations) has roughly 66 monster boxes. At $9,250 each (roughly), that is over $610,000 of silver at today's prices. When this video was made it could have been double that or more. These guys dealt in absolutely HUGE quantities before their business blew up.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Double3 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:35 am

barrytrot wrote:Ok, Provident looks fine. I'm going to order in a few days (I think). And I will post info if I decide to do a group buy for another box.

Yes, I did a group buy a few years ago and we bought a monster box of ASE and Maples at that time.

Little cheaper here.

https://sdbullion.com/silver/royal-cana ... -leaf-9999

or here

https://www.dbscoins.com/product/2015-s ... 500-coins/
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverstacker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:24 am

pennypicker wrote:The 2015 maples with the obverse/reverse radial lines coupled with the "15" security mark are great rounds to hoard. Hopefully our government will follow suit and start adding security features to the ASE :thumbup:....hopefully.

They're going to have to after having a lengthy discussion with my LCS as they've come across Chinese fake ASE's. Dies are getting better and they recently had to send a sellers monster box out for Assay. Came back fake. Seller obviously had no clue or he wouldn't have let the LCS send it.

Just sickening.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 pm

silverstacker wrote:
pennypicker wrote:The 2015 maples with the obverse/reverse radial lines coupled with the "15" security mark are great rounds to hoard. Hopefully our government will follow suit and start adding security features to the ASE :thumbup:....hopefully.

They're going to have to after having a lengthy discussion with my LCS as they've come across Chinese fake ASE's. Dies are getting better and they recently had to send a sellers monster box out for Assay. Came back fake. Seller obviously had no clue or he wouldn't have let the LCS send it.

Just sickening.

Ouch!

I wonder if it's possible to declare some form of tax loss on their purchase?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby TXBullion » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Sure you bought something for 10k and sold for zero. Doesn't seem like a sounds long term strategy though :D
TXBullion

Postby Gobirds66 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Site below will help you figure out who has some of the better deals depending on what you are looking for and who you trust to actually deliver.

https://comparesilverprices.com/

Hope it helps.
If they give you lined paper, write the other way....
Gobirds66
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:24 am

Recyclersteve wrote:By the way, the opening shot in the video (by my calculations) has roughly 66 monster boxes. At $9,250 each (roughly), that is over $610,000 of silver at today's prices. When this video was made it could have been double that or more. These guys dealt in absolutely HUGE quantities before their business blew up.

I just realized my own mistake here. I said 66 monster boxes. I was way off. There are 316 monster boxes. (6 pallets with 50 and one with 16) 316 X $9,250 each = $2,923,000. And that is at today's prices! This video was made when silver traded for a much higher price.

I was sitting in bed late last night and thought to myself that that had to be way more than $600k of silver, since that many pallets takes up a lot of room. I do have to admit that I'm curious as to how many coins they had that were counterfeit. They dealt in such huge volume that it is hard to imagine that they could have possibly ever tested what they bought.

Recyclersteve

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:47 am

The big sellers are either buying directly from the mint or buying from those mint-selected wholesalers.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Catfish4u » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:37 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:By the way, the opening shot in the video (by my calculations) has roughly 66 monster boxes. At $9,250 each (roughly), that is over $610,000 of silver at today's prices. When this video was made it could have been double that or more. These guys dealt in absolutely HUGE quantities before their business blew up.

I just realized my own mistake here. I said 66 monster boxes. I was way off. There are 316 monster boxes. (6 pallets with 50 and one with 16) 316 X $9,250 each = $2,923,000. And that is at today's prices! This video was made when silver traded for a much higher price.

I was sitting in bed late last night and thought to myself that that had to be way more than $600k of silver, since that many pallets takes up a lot of room. I do have to admit that I'm curious as to how many coins they had that were counterfeit. They dealt in such huge volume that it is hard to imagine that they could have possibly ever tested what they bought.

If silver was double today's prices they paid $6 million but the value fell to $3 million. (or something similar). A huge loss in a short amount of time. They probably had good intentions but fell prey to 'bad market timing'.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:39 pm

If Barry is buying a MB, does that mean I should sell everything and run for the hills?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Engineer wrote:If Barry is buying a MB, does that mean I should sell everything and run for the hills?

Probably.
barrytrot

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:40 pm

Engineer wrote:If Barry is buying a MB, does that mean I should sell everything and run for the hills?

no.....its a sound trade.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:09 am

I have yet to buy my box. Which is good :)

It's looking pretty juicy though :) I'll probably pull the trigger soon :)
barrytrot

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals