APMEX running low on 90%

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

APMEX running low on 90%

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:00 am

APMEX is out of Franklin and Walker halves, Rosies and Mercs... all they have right now is some Kennedy halves and Washington quarters :o

http://www.apmex.com/category/52557/walking-liberty-half-dollars-1916-1947-silver-coins-rolls-bags

What does this tell you? Starting to run into delivery delays and higher premiums (does this remind anyone of 2008?)

Smart buyers should pounce on silver (and be quick about it) when our own members (you know who they are, folks) offer their occasional great deals :thumbup:

and... should anyone need further motivation :mrgreen: :lol:

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: APMEX running low on 90%

Postby silverstacker » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 am

Amen to that. As I've read so many times "back up the truck" but this time hope the door is open :shock:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

Ray, she looks way too expensive. I would not have any cash left for PMs
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:39 am

NHsorter wrote:Ray, she looks way too expensive. I would not have any cash left for PMs

Just offer her some of your maple syrup, Jason :D
beauanderos

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:43 am

If only maple syrup got women in the mood! It's not true. She looks like she avoids refined carbohydrates anyway. :roll:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:58 pm

beauanderos wrote:APMEX is out of Franklin and Walker halves, Rosies and Mercs... all they have right now is some Kennedy halves and Washington quarters :o

http://www.apmex.com/category/52557/walking-liberty-half-dollars-1916-1947-silver-coins-rolls-bags

What does this tell you? Starting to run into delivery delays and higher premiums (does this remind anyone of 2008?)

Smart buyers should pounce on silver (and be quick about it) when our own members (you know who they are, folks) offer their occasional great deals :thumbup:

and... should anyone need further motivation :mrgreen: :lol:

Sound advice Ray. Last night I picked up some 10 oz silver RCM bars from Provident @ $169.65 each--love that reeded edge...and her edges as well :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:10 pm

best hope you got a monster jar of Niagra to go with that.....handful of problems there....give me a regular all the way grown up woman any day...like this:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Regular 90% is now $6 over spot on APMEX.

Holy schmoly!

Even though the Ag paper price is down a lot since 2011, it's feels good to have bags and bags of this stuff.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Regular 90% is now $6 over spot on APMEX.

Holy schmoly!

Even though the Ag paper price is down a lot since 2011, it's feels good to have bags and bags of this stuff.

You have more bags than APMEX does... they're down to nothing but cartwheels and rolls of quarters, oh yeah... and some overpriced rolls of rosies :roll:

SDBullion (not that they're one of the big boys) is out of everything but their ridiculously priced "near BU" stuff
https://sdbullion.com/silver/silver-coins-90-silver-dollars/90-constitutional-silver

want some? http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver/us-slv/90-slv.html

or do the piranha when christostock lists next time :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Has anybody been watching eBay prices lately? It would be great to know the comparison between apmex and eBay
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Has anybody been watching eBay prices lately? It would be great to know the comparison between apmex and eBay

ebay buyers were picking up dime rolls for between 13.8 to 14.4X plus shipping, a few days ago when I checked.

higher now:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... l&_sacat=0
beauanderos

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Holy schmoly!

I agree 100% the roll searching I've been rigorous at for months and months is making me feel real good right now :D
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:08 pm

beauanderos wrote:

Holy schmoly!

You have more bags than APMEX does... they're down to nothing but cartwheels and rolls of quarters, oh yeah... and some overpriced rolls of rosies :roll:

SDBullion (not that they're one of the big boys) is out of everything but their ridiculously priced "near BU" stuff
https://sdbullion.com/silver/silver-coins-90-silver-dollars/90-constitutional-silver

want some? http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver/us-slv/90-slv.html

or do the piranha when christostock lists next time :lol:

oh well....they cant say they weren't warned, told, cajoled, etc. 8 pm your time OB, the CSI-300, that's the chicom version of the snp500 is already down 5%, Shanghai's down 2%....and we got barry the little boy community organizer who could, doing victory laps around Kenya to jubilant, dancing crowds of natives, lecturing them in that phony sanctimonious tenor about "human rights", while at home here, his masters, the perma-government is building up a police state, may they all burn in a fiery hell.

sorry, i'm just more ornery than a treed up raccoon right now....it just DID NOT have to go like this.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Has anybody been watching eBay prices lately? It would be great to know the comparison between apmex and eBay

always.....the trend in the last month or so has been, "new" sellers, individuals throwing in the towel on quality rolls of 90's, ranging from 19 times to 43 times face....roger hsturn is still selling his "GEM/BU" (AU's) of 1940 era Walkings, but instead of getting 55-65 times, they're trading around 45 times face.....their is even this one cat who bought some dead bankers mega stack of OBW rain bowed ender Morgan's, and he's dribbling them out and getting $2k plus a roll....and the buyers don't seem like noobies, coz they slapped a private ID on the bidders...plus the guy has maintained a 100% positive rating, which of course means he's not a sceez, and the rolls are what he says they are.

BU Franklins are coming off a bit in the 60's era, trading low 20 times face....BU Wash's in the 1945, 46, time frame etc are getting high dollar......45 times face.

as far as the ASE's, I see a lot of individuals, offering their one or two rolls, which are being bot by bidders who have 7 to 30 transactions, obviously new guys who finally waking up, but I sure would be nervous about buying rolls from individuals on Ebay, you might that bad boy and smell soy sauce and chop suey.

there is one professional large seller that still has rolls of the new maples, the 14's and 15's, the premium is just a titch higher higher, but so what...I'd be buying a few, but my stack is good, plus I got wanged good this month, I had to put the right rear axle on my tractor that sheared, pay the tax to the squalling commies at the state house, and make a mega cord buy on firewood, so I could let my woods relax.....

that's your market report from the Great White North, and with that, lets go out with one of my favorite songs:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:19 am

0515 CST---Chinese equities fall 8%.....Europe posting 1% plus losses.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 am

So you guys waiting with a lot of dry powder for $10 spot, (with a $10 premium), why not buy today at $14 with a $6 premium?

I just guess I'm confused.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:10 am

IdahoCopper wrote:So you guys waiting with a lot of dry powder for $10 spot, (with a $10 premium), why not buy today at $14 with a $6 premium?

amen...in a bull market, and YES, it IS a bull market, because these criminal enterprises can commie suppress the phony paper market, while the retail physical markets skyrocketing demand shows you, its a bull market, and in a bull market, you just hit the offers, slash and burn, don't pinch pennies, don't wait, don't think, BUY....oh but wait! aint the shelves bare? bid 21 a toz in the physical, and the guys that are weary will unload on you.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Pulled the trigger about 10 hours ago myself, making sure to lock in before US markets opened. Not doing 90% though as I prefer semi-numismatic plays that cost the same as a silver eagle. Will be keeping an eye on APMEX's inventory and buying again either when they are nearly out of what I want, or when the spot price drops another buck or two.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:30 am

IdahoCopper wrote:So you guys waiting with a lot of dry powder for $10 spot, (with a $10 premium), why not buy today at $14 with a $6 premium?

Because it's fun timing the slam-downs. When the spot price gets slammed, the premiums do not rise at the exact same time, especially on Sunday nights when the majority of these slam downs occur. My next purchase will be a few hundred 2015 silver Maples... I love those pretty radial lines!

Apmex has been out of Merc dimes for about 2 weeks now. I was buying bags those 20 years ago when no one cared about them... I still have all of them too. Funny.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:14 am

APMEX (even with their inflated prices) is TOTALLY out of 90% silver. :shock:

That is, unless they're just holding it back, refusing to sell at these prices :sick:

Provident looks like they still have stock, tho :clap:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:28 pm

beauanderos

Postby wheeler_dealer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Been watching Apmex last few days also. Wasn't sure what to think. Wondering if they are holding back. I imagine they can sell most silver quickly at right price. Premiums are certainly strong and seems silver is in strong hands. I noticed most shops I visit are not making adjustments to old prices even with lower spot.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 pm

FYI... all 90% is back in stock on Apmex. $6.49 over spot.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:FYI... all 90% is back in stock on Apmex. $6.49 over spot.

not sure what you're looking at? They aren't offering any type of half dollars, not even 40%. They don't have mercs at all, they don't have rosies except for BU rolls priced at 17.8X

they don't even have war nicks... all they are offering is quarters, at the price point you mentioned.
beauanderos

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:41 pm

I generally like APMEX and can herald my successes with them on e-Bay, but their withholding of US 90% as well as US 40% and warnix is clearly intentional.

Plenty of cull Morgan and Peace dollars, though. Give me a break.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals