Triple Digit Platinum

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Triple Digit Platinum

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:00 pm

No, not talking about the purity... the price!!!! How long will this last? How far might it drop? Will you buy any?
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Triple Digit Platinum

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Market Harmony wrote:No, not talking about the purity... the price!!!! How long will this last? How far might it drop? Will you buy any?

Good luck finding any for "reasonable" prices.

I've been buying fractions for the last 6 months and its hard to find without paying $300+ premium/oz Apmex still wants $162 per 1/10oz! :shock:
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby bankmining » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Pd is looking like its going to maybe drop below 600 next week.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Based on what things are doing in China and the EU, with copper and manufacturing, what appears to be global economic slowdown, and market leverage again being at all time highs I feel like there is still plenty of downside in all things paper, but I also don't see retail getting a whole lot cheaper for the physical metal. Anytime platinum is cheaper than gold it feels like a good play to me, but all metals look very attractive at these prices. I'm not in a position to buy right now because I'm dumping money into home maintenance this summer, but if I were I would definitely be eyeing platinum and also trying to find some good deals on gold lunars or pandas. I still feel like silver is the most undervalued asset, but there is something to be said for space conservation.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John Reich » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:15 am

Market Harmony wrote:No, not talking about the purity... the price!!!! How long will this last? How far might it drop? Will you buy any?

I'd love to buy right now! The premiums are crazy high, though. I bought a 1/10 oz American eagle for $150.00 a couple months ago--they're still going for that even with the drop.
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Time for a MH Platinum pyramid bar, haha
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal