Factors Contributing to a Slow Down in the Silver Price Drop

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Factors Contributing to a Slow Down in the Silver Price Drop

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:32 pm

No doubt that silver has lost some of its friends. Ten days of pounding is more than enough to rattle almost everyone. I guess. While I'm not the Alfred E Newman type saying, "What. me worry?," there are some factors that should stabilize the Ag price and, perhaps, cause it to reverse course to the upside.

Pretty easy to dump silver or any other commodity when its price is dropping fast. The downward selling gains momentum as some people try to exit the avalanche with limited profits or losses. But....... At these price points, many more silver stackers become reluctant to sell. They go into hibernation a la Rip Van Winkle and are determined to hold on now and ride it to the bottom if need be.

At these lower prices, buying interest is ignited, but the supply of available US 90% or ASEs is now a fraction of even what it was 2 weeks ago. The limited supply stabilizes the drop and is like to cause a price reversal. I believe it's called capitulation.

Again regarding Alfred E Newman, the only worrying I'll be doing is if I miss some of the great buying opportunities that'll be seen soon. I don't intend to let that happen if at all possible. I'm an old(er) guy and can still take a punch or two. Keeps me young(er), I believe. Buckle up RC'ers. We'll all make it to Emerald City.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Factors Contributing to a Slow Down in the Silver Price

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:44 am

I don't think that the buying and selling of 90% silver or ASEs has much of any effect on the spot silver price.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:51 am

More people can afford silver, so more people pay attention to what is being done to silver.

Gold is left on it's own.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:08 pm

NHsorter wrote:I don't think that the buying and selling of 90% silver or ASEs has much of any effect on the spot silver price.

True, but increased demand makes bullion sellers more greedy (i.e. they raise prices).
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:No doubt that silver has lost some of its friends. Ten days of pounding is more than enough to rattle almost everyone. I guess. While I'm not the Alfred E Newman type saying, "What. me worry?," there are some factors that should stabilize the Ag price and, perhaps, cause it to reverse course to the upside.

Pretty easy to dump silver or any other commodity when its price is dropping fast. The downward selling gains momentum as some people try to exit the avalanche with limited profits or losses. But....... At these price points, many more silver stackers become reluctant to sell. They go into hibernation a la Rip Van Winkle and are determined to hold on now and ride it to the bottom if need be.

At these lower prices, buying interest is ignited, but the supply of available US 90% or ASEs is now a fraction of even what it was 2 weeks ago. The limited supply stabilizes the drop and is like to cause a price reversal. I believe it's called capitulation.

Again regarding Alfred E Newman, the only worrying I'll be doing is if I miss some of the great buying opportunities that'll be seen soon. I don't intend to let that happen if at all possible. I'm an old(er) guy and can still take a punch or two. Keeps me young(er), I believe. Buckle up RC'ers. We'll all make it to Emerald City.

bro "Know"...that was some goooooood writing....amen.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals