poor pawn shop owner got ripped off

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

poor pawn shop owner got ripped off

Postby bman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:57 am

There is a link to this story on the Coinflation front page right now. This pawn shop bought 20 Morgan dollars for $20 each and called the cops to report them as being fake. get this, one of the coins if it was real would have been worth $1,500 now you tell me who who the crook is here. :roll:

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20110210/news/302109985/counterfeit-collector-coins-from-china-show-up-in-port-angeles
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: poor pawn shop owner got ripped off

Postby TXBullion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:04 am

Lol, i thought the same thing when i saw it :D :lol:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: poor pawn shop owner got ripped off

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:08 am

I think if I were him I would have kept my mouth shut. Does he really want his customers and the whole city to know that he and his business is the type that would screw people over that bad buy buying a $10,000.00 coin for twenty bucks? You know the saying what goes around comes around. He was the bigger crook by trying to steal these coins for $20.00 a piece and he's the one that ended getting screwed. I think he got exactly what he deserved.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals