Even MEL FISHER is throwing in the towel......

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Even MEL FISHER is throwing in the towel......

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:49 pm

even the heirs of the guy that puts his life on the life, to git gold, fabled sunken treasure hunter MEL FISHER, have thrown in the towel, it appears....selling off some favorite pieces for 2 mln USD , as was reported from the Fisher estate:

"The items sold on Wednesday had been the favorite pieces of Mel and wife Dolores, their daughter Taffi Fisher-Abt told AFP.
“It’s going to be kind of a bittersweet ordeal,” she said. “It’s time to let these pieces go,” she said.
"

Any of Fishers gold (obviously) isn't the stackable kind, its got a super hyper one of a kind antiquities premium on them, and she probably wants to get the last bit of hot money looking for a home, before the widely anticipated crash/global financial implosion, coming this Sep/Oct.

nice pieces....take a gander, i'm out .

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... on-auction
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Even MEL FISHER is throwing in the towel......

Postby InfleXion » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 am

Market lows like we have right now in metals are a great time to transition from fancy expensive stuff into bullion. Sell the stuff that's priced high, and buy what's priced low. Makes good economic sense.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Even MEL FISHER is throwing in the towel......

Postby pennypicker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:27 pm

InfleXion wrote:Market lows like we have right now in metals are a great time to transition from fancy expensive stuff into bullion. Sell the stuff that's priced high, and buy what's priced low. Makes good economic sense.

Already done it. Recently sold all my generic ms-64 pre-21 Morgans for $75 each and used the money to purchase those beautiful Golden State Mint 5 oz incuse Indian rounds at $79.75 each. :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals