Coin Show Prices 9/4

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Coin Show Prices 9/4

Postby Robarons » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Went to local coin show and saw the following prices and was wondering if the prices are typical for most of the country:
$16.50 For generic .999 stuff, including 5 and 10 oz silver town bars
$18.50 For Eagles
$18.25 for Maples
14x for 90%

$130 for 1/10 Gold including Eagles, Maples, K-rands

The one purchase I made that threw me for a loop was a 1/4 plat Eagle for $325. It was graded by PGCS as a MS 67. I knew platinum was hitting swift premiums but when I got home I noticed that I paid less for the exact same eagles in March when platinum was $1100 (I do not remember spot). I paid $320 each so the premiums went up slightly even though platinum broke $1000 this weekend. I remember picking up 1/10 plat eagles for $145, none at this show for purchase but a few at $170

Same results for you guys?
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Re: Coin Show Prices 9/4

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:40 am

Robarons wrote:Went to local coin show and saw the following prices and was wondering if the prices are typical for most of the country:
$16.50 For generic .999 stuff, including 5 and 10 oz silver town bars
$18.50 For Eagles
$18.25 for Maples

14x for 90%

$130 for 1/10 Gold including Eagles, Maples, K-rands

Same results for you guys?

That's a very decent price for Eagles and Maples... I hope you picked some up.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:47 am

I was at a small gun show in e. TX a couple of weeks ago and one table also had coinage. He is a noted sourpuss. His very worn Peace and Morgan dollars were $26 and quarters, extrapolated to 'per oz of silver' had a 60% premium. He did have a few 1/10th AGEs in plastic with the dates written on the containers. Jokingly, I said I would take the ones for $97 and $98. He wasn't amused. I think he was asking $160.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby cooyon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:43 pm

At our local show on 8/22, ASEs were $19, generic rounds and 5oz / 10oz bars were $17/oz, 90% varied....I got a complete Franklin circ set for $220 (12.57x), some nice WL halves for 12.44x, and a baggie of mixed 10c/25c/50c for 13.4x (which included some seated liberty halves in low grades). I normally find better deals at shows and you can bargain with most sellers.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverstacker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm

My LCS is in a strip mall like most LCS stores but its large. They also own the end of the strip mall where they hold their auctions and wholesale. There is an auction coming up so large that they rented out a very large building. Usually their auctions consist of coins, paper, bullion, collectables like sports memorabilia and hummels etc but this one is just Numi, COin and bullion and I can't make it because it's on my daughter birthday next weekend :(

They run proxy bid which sucks in my opinion because now you compete with the world and everything goes well over typical prices but they have some ultra cool items like very rare engelhard pieces that I told Chris at allengelhard about.

Some other poured stuff like one that actually is older and is like a 5.26oz bar or something like that and it has a dollar amount stamped on it. Like $3.73 ....very interesting.

I bought a United 5oz bar from my them a few months back that they were going to put in auction because I've known them for so long and they had two of them. I can't wait to see what the other one goes for.

The place is

Www.foxvalleycoins.com

In case anyone wants to check it out. Wish I was going :(

I did do an absentee bid on 3 items but there is no way I'm getting them :lol:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:00 pm

I think you Priority is the right ONE, FAMILY FIRST :clap:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Rosco wrote:I think you Priority is the right ONE, FAMILY FIRST :clap:

Thank you as that's the number one priority in my life and Rich can vouch for that. Many factory's interfere with ones life but those are nothing but tests that are given to you that define you and your "true" priorities.

We can sit and talk PM's, economy and world events but when my head hits the pillow at night it's all about my children and what I've done for them that day and how I can continue to advance that growth both spiritual and educational with the emphasis on "family".

Thanks! I appreciate that feedback :D
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals