"Retail Silver Market Has Seized Up"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Retail Silver Market Has Seized Up"

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 pm

by Greg Hunter

"Silver expert David Morgan says prices of the white metal may be low, but demand is huge. Morgan explains, “I did a survey of many of the top wholesalers and retailers in the country and came to the conclusion that the retail side of the market has basically seized up. One of the biggest mints in the U.S. is backlogged about 4 million ounces. You have two other main government mints that are basically on halt and not producing, or trying to catch up. You have huge premiums in the silver bar market and extremely high premiums in the silver bag market, or what is referred to in the industry as junk silver. Dealers are paying $5 above spot to source silver bags. What that equates to for the cost of silver is about $19.25 an ounce, and we are in the mid-$14 range for an ounce of silver. So, obviously, there is a huge demand that cannot be met with the current supply in the retail market.”

Morgan also says silver is an inflation adjusted deal. Morgan contends, “The average mining cost used to be about $22 an ounce, but with the oil price dropping, it’s now about $15. In most cases, you are buying it for less than the best producers on the planet can produce it for. . . . We are basically at the same price, using the true money supply, when it was $5 silver in the early 2000’s. So, if you look at all the fiat currency floating around now, and you use that metric, you are buying silver at the same price (inflation adjusted) as you were in the early 2000’s.”

So, why all the demand? It could be fear of what is coming, and Morgan thinks what is coming is the same thing that has happened to Argentina when its currency crashed. Morgan explains, “People lost their bank savings. People lined up in the street and grabbed pots and pans and spoons and go to the banks at lunchtime and, in unison, pound on the bank in protest. People took to the streets. 40% of the middle class became below the poverty line. You could not access your savings. You could go to the bank, but you could only withdraw a certain amount. Sound familiar? It’s exactly what happened Greece. There were many people unemployed and people taking to the streets saying that they were victims of the IMF (International Monetary Fund). . . . The U.S. could turn into Argentina, and I believe it will happen. Why did this happen in Argentina? Overspending–this is the bottom line of why it took place.”

On the Fed raising interest rates, Morgan says, “I think they will, and they are going to show how tough the Fed is and that they do what they say. They are going to raise them a quarter of a point. It’s a very small amount. It’s not like they are going to raise interest rates up to 4% or 5%. That would be devastating, and that is not going to happen.”

The main problem America and the world has is what Morgan calls “the debt bomb.” He says the debt is at the center of the black hole of our problems. Morgan explains, “We are reaching a limit. All systems reach a limit. No tree grows to the sky.”

In March, Morgan predicted September as a time of increasing turmoil in financial markets and thinks it’s downhill from here. On the continuing turmoil, Morgan says, “It will be ebb and flow, but the trend is increasing, increasing and increasing. It will, unfortunately, in my strong opinion, it will get worse before it gets better.”

http://usawatchdog.com/retail-silver-ma ... id-morgan/
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: "Retail Silver Market Has Seized Up"

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Just confirms what we're seeing in the field. The silver crop is poor right now... not much to harvest. :?

If you see me selling, it's just some type of swap for fiat, but back into a different form of metals. :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:17 pm

beauanderos wrote:Just confirms what we're seeing in the field. The silver crop is poor right now... not much to harvest. :?

If you see me selling, it's just some type of swap for fiat, but back into a different form of metals. :thumbup:

OB, dear friend, i hope my response to you and Doc wasn't too strange in the other thread, the "90%" thread, where that dear man mentions those 2 toz rounds?.....that said, this man David Morgan is a sober minded analyst, but he mentions in the video above, a "PBS documentary" entitled "Chapter Five Argentina", which was on the net, youtube, "but now its not, BUT if you join his "service" for a "free" 30 day trial, they have a link there.

Now ANYTHING, i can get my hands on, about what happened in Argentina, during that financial crisis, circa 98-02(?) ....i eat it up, print or video, because i'm of the opinion that history is the most valuable intel tool we have, to wargame out, the future.

i go to his website, and God love him, i know we all gotta eat, but the free trial, is him capturing your credit card, charging $149 and if you're a first time subscriber, he will allow to cancel and get your money back in 30 days......and you get all these "reports" on "trading silver"!...which hold little or no interest to me, i just want to see the F###### video!......so i did some digging and found this, its not PBS (good!) but its a 2 hour doc on what happened down there during the crisis....i haven't watched it yet, but i'm more than willing to invest the time, so....here, fondly i remain your YB, n.

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Has anyone tried to correlate this period to past periods with similar patterns? To see if the issue is trending worse? What I mean is, this has happened before. How bad would it have to get to crack comex or otherwise truly separate the paper and physical prices? would they necessarily even stay separate if conditions changed again? To many unknowns imo to really know. Interesting to watch though. Makes me happy for my modest stack already being nicely buried. It was a freak dry lake boating accident but I am pretty sure I can recover everything.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:00 pm

There have been periods of crazy premiums before. Crazier than this. 2008 was insane, iirc. But we're just starting so it might get worse before it gets better. It's driven by demand / fear.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby InfleXion » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:24 pm

I agree 2008 is the only other time I've seen things like this, and it's very similar, probably not quite as bad. It looks like the Comex could be running out of gold pretty soon too.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:30 am

68Camaro wrote:There have been periods of crazy premiums before. Crazier than this. 2008 was insane, iirc. But we're just starting so it might get worse before it gets better. It's driven by demand / fear.

It's driven by demand, fear and IMO...collusion.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 90Percent » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Everyone is confirming what I am finding on the street. For a month now it has been very difficult to find 90 % with a small premium
90Percent

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals