$14.39 ??

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$14.39 ??

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:36 am

It is astounding that physical and paper are so disconnected in price.

I put an ad on the local cl to see if anything will shake loose at spot.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: $14.39 ??

Postby silverstacker » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 am

IdahoCopper wrote:It is astounding that physical and paper are so disconnected in price.

Used CL two times and both were successful but then I spent more time haggling over the phone or via email and it just turned me off. Plus the time and gas to meet someone in a public place was enough for me.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 am

IdahoCopper wrote:It is astounding that physical and paper are so disconnected in price.

This will further deplete any remaining LCS or online dealer inventory. Be interesting to monitor prices/premiums.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby InfleXion » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:36 am

There can't be that many weak hands left at this point in the ride. Go on, take the money and run!
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:40 am

InfleXion wrote:There can't be that many weak hands left at this point in the ride. Go on, take the money and run!

Unfortunately, expenses arrive even for "strong hands," and those who have planned poorly occasionally have to capitulate and
liquidate some of their stash... at the worst of times. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Doctor Steuss » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:47 am

beauanderos wrote:
InfleXion wrote:There can't be that many weak hands left at this point in the ride. Go on, take the money and run!

Unfortunately, expenses arrive even for "strong hands," and those who have planned poorly occasionally have to capitulate and
liquidate some of their stash... at the worst of times. :roll:

I think we can also count on a somewhat steady trickle as many of the generation that lived during the coinage change, who likely have a box squirreled away with some 90% “from the good ole days” are slowly passing on and leaving their items to estate sales, charity, and relatives that don't know the potential long-term value so they unload them at the first chance they see.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals