No silver on ebay

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

No silver on ebay

Postby beauanderos » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

There is nothing but very small lots, individual items, or overpriced crap on ebay in the silver listings. Lots of listings, but try and bid more than $50 on anything and the listings are few and far between. The ones that list a roll of dimes, for instance, are already bid up to practically 24X face. No more bargains to be found. I guess the big holders are savvy enough to realize they should hold out for higher prices during this price discovery phase. It'll just get worse from here on out if the silver climb is steady and predictable. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: No silver on ebay

Postby AGCoinHunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 am

Off to the bank mine I go...
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 97guns » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 am

i havn't bought anything since last weekend but i was able to snap up silver eagles for .60 over spot after the rebates.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:42 pm

oh come on ray...

24x face will be a steal next week right ? :mrgreen:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Rexor » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 pm

I have given up recently too. My usual haunts are large international lots. There is some new money in town, so to speak, and lots are going at a premium to melt, sometimes significantly. Riding momentum may work easily when you are dealing with paper assets such as stocks, not so much with physical. I don't want to be stuck holding on to several extra pounds of junk international silver I paid a premium for when a correction hits.
Rexor

Postby Country » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:31 pm

I noticed the foreign SILVER thinning out last month. Occasional good deals appeared in Canada and other obscure foreign SILVER lots which were hard for the casual EBAYer to figure the ASW. I went looking for good foreign SILVER deals on EBAY that were less competitive and gave you a chance to get SILVER at a deep discount to spot. I set my top bids to no more than spot-10%. I may have unknowingly been competing with some folks on RealCent for the foreign SILVER.

I stopped looking on EBAY about a month ago for SILVER and GOLD. Foreign GOLD presented some good deals, but most are now overpriced or have many bidders competing. I guess were sort of at the point if you want PMs in any quantity, you have to go to the big dealers and pony up. My best bargains lately have been here on RealCent.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby franklin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Very early this a.m., there was a Buy it Now still in place for 100 or 200 Ben Franklins for as near spot as one could get. It was gone when I arose.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:10 pm

aloneibreak wrote:oh come on ray...

24x face will be a steal next week right ? :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby coppertone » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Pickings are definitely getting slimmer. My coins of choice constantly change as price for certain coins now command a premium to melt whereas in the past they didn't. Still finding some deals. Also find that prices are better on certain days of the week.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TXBullion » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:17 pm

I found myself spending so much time trying to hunt down deals on ebay it just wasnt fun anymore. Ive pretty much had good luck catching deals on realcent from time to time. I like to try and work deals off of ebay and Ive had some great luck with it.
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 am

Alot of one day listings showed up over the weekend and I pounced on them. Finally, some larger lots to bid on. The bidding goes too wild on the smaller stuff.
Last edited by beauanderos on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
beauanderos

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am

I bought over $100 face at 21X face from an old timer I know. He was happy to have me drive to his house, had done deals with me before and knew I could be trusted. Sold me some Au at 5% under spot as well.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

Lemon Thrower wrote:I bought over $100 face at 21X face from an old timer I know. He was happy to have me drive to his house, had done deals with me before and knew I could be trusted. Sold me some Au at 5% under spot as well.

You got a great deal, LT! :mrgreen: I'm waiting to finish up on a large deal myself, at the same rate :?
beauanderos

Postby TXBullion » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 am

beauanderos wrote:
Lemon Thrower wrote:I bought over $100 face at 21X face from an old timer I know. He was happy to have me drive to his house, had done deals with me before and knew I could be trusted. Sold me some Au at 5% under spot as well.

You got a great deal, LT! :mrgreen: I'm waiting to finish up on a large deal myself, at the same rate :?

Once the prices starting creeping, I locked down a deal at 22x Most I have paid yet but 22x is probably dried up by now
TXBullion

Postby 97guns » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 am

franklin wrote:Very early this a.m., there was a Buy it Now still in place for 100 or 200 Ben Franklins for as near spot as one could get. It was gone when I arose.

i dont hesitate when i see a buy it now bargain, i cant click the buttons fast enough.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:23 pm

97:
My problem was that I didn't have enough to cover it in my PP acct. and he wanted IMMEDIATE payment.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasTT » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I can probably put together up to a couple hundred face at spot delivered for anyone looking.

Send me an email at daniel@coincanada.ca
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals