Worth Taking a Flyer?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Worth Taking a Flyer?

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:33 pm

First Mining Finance Corporation symbol FFMGF on the OTC, also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Chairman Keith Neumeyer. Eric Sprott, Rick Rule, Marin Katusa have taken large positions. Company looks to acquire gold resources from distressed companies. Have made four acquisitions in 2015. Stock was just listed five days ago. Currently 28 cents a share.

http://www.firstminingfinance.com/

Looks good to me. :mrgreen: Buy it cheap and forget it. Someday could easily be a ten-bagger... I expect, much more. :clap:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Worth Taking a Flyer?

Postby chris6084 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:59 am

If you look at the stocks of the other two companies the leader of this one created, they have a pretty dismal long term record.

I think there would be better luck on this one on some short term swings rather than a long term investment.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rainsonme » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:12 am

i looked at FFMGF; obviously too little data to know much; financed the mine purchases with their stock sale; there is a Seeking Alpha article on them. I would think you would have time to buy some when you saw gold finally starting to move up. The dollar continues to rise, commodities continue to fall. I personally am not excited to buy into oil or gold right now (other than physical gold and silver, which I cannot resist due to some mental problem I have) I will try to remember FFMGF, when the commodity bottom is finally in.

When you think gold is near a bottom, (and I dont think it is there yet), you might check RGLD and SAND two companies that provide development money in exchange for contracted mine output. I would not buy either right now, but they are very highly leveraged to the price of gold. Stocks are all very risky in 2016, in my opinion. And commodities remain in a bear market until they arent.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:44 am

My gold coins and silver bars can't go to $0
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:17 pm

My investments in real estate, quality utilities, Du Pont, and other blue chips are also unlikely to go to zero.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 pm

28 cents is cheaper than a Powerball ticket, so maybe worth a roll of the dice - just don't put any money in miners that you can't kiss goodbye - there is almost no price support in small mining shares because big institutions consider it too risky so its all individual investors and venture capital that can dry up overnight.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Market Harmony wrote:My gold coins and silver bars can't go to $0

They can if they are stolen or if you find out they are counterfeit. Or, God forbid, seized by the govt.

I do agree that physical gold and silver do have utility, so in that sense they shouldn't really ever go to zero.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby pennypicker » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

rainsonme wrote:(other than physical gold and silver, which I cannot resist due to some mental problem I have)

I have this same mental problem/disorder.....I wonder if there's a medical term to describe it? :shock:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Verbane » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:38 am

pennypicker wrote:
rainsonme wrote:(other than physical gold and silver, which I cannot resist due to some mental problem I have)

I have this same mental problem/disorder.....I wonder if there's a medical term to describe it? :shock:

Dragon Sickness: The growing greed and desire for gold and treasure.
The best defense is to be a Hobbit, Dwarves are screwed :?
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby rainsonme » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am

Dr. Verbane may have the correct diagnosis, but it could also be early stage FiatPhobia. Just to be safe, I suggest taking 2 ounces AG every day, and call your local coin dealer in the morning.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 am

rainsonme wrote:Dr. Verbane may have the correct diagnosis, but it could also be early stage FiatPhobia. Just to be safe, I suggest taking 2 ounces AG every day, and call your local coin dealer in the morning.

Very well and I'll take your advice :lol:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 pm

rainsonme wrote:Dr. Verbane may have the correct diagnosis, but it could also be early stage FiatPhobia. Just to be safe, I suggest taking 2 ounces AG every day, and call your local coin dealer in the morning.

I prefer to hold back for as long as I can stand it, then go on 100 oz all weekend benders - prescription abuse! :lol:
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Now up to 30 cents. I found out I can't buy this inside my 401K :sick: :thumbdown:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:07 pm

now up to 32 cents... about 15% increase since I first mentioned it in January :wave:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ffmgf

This could be one to watch, and plan on buying on a pullback
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:51 pm

up 20% today to 39 cents a share... and I never bought any. :o :sick: :oops:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:46 pm

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=FFMGF+Historical+Prices

up to 55 cents and trading volume has exploded. If only I had a few thousand to throw at this. :roll: :oops: :sick: :cry:
beauanderos

Postby plus1hdcp » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Hindsight may be 20/20 but the reality is hindsight WILL drive you crazy. Perhaps you can get a pullback and get you some shares.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:51 am

plus1hdcp wrote:Hindsight may be 20/20 but the reality is hindsight WILL drive you crazy. Perhaps you can get a pullback and get you some shares.

With the share volume increase that's developing, a pullback is unlikely... unless the entire market crashes and affects the metals (which could happen). Watch
the volume skyrocket on this one today... as well as SILJ. :clap:

$16.38 silver was an important resistance point going back a few years... next stop could be $18 if this momentum can't be suppressed. Will be very interesting to watch, what
with the DB admission, the secret meetings at the WH, and the initiation of gold price fixing in Shanghai. :thumbup:

beauanderos

Postby goodcents » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:56 am

I'm going to jump on a few shares to add to my long term diversity. Why not. Look at that volume over the last week. No guts no glory. If I waited for the bottom to hit on everything I'd never be successful.
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:20 am

goodcents wrote:I'm going to jump on a few shares to add to my long term diversity. Why not. Look at that volume over the last week. No guts no glory. If I waited for the bottom to hit on everything I'd never be successful.

Good man. :clap: I decided to divert some of my cash into this as well. Just hope it stays under 60 cents until my funds transfer. This stock will be over a dollar per share by the end of this month. :o

Wouldn't be surprised to see silver blow past $17 today. 8-)
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:22 pm

I was finally able to dump some cash into this one on 4/20, picking up shares at 54 cents. Now up to 60 cents. Doesn't sound like much,
but that's a ten percent gain in nine days. Stock has doubled since I first mentioned it. :thumbup: The next couple of paychecks will
go into this one as well. :wave:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:57 pm

well... wound up taking a quick twenty percent profit on this one about a month ago.

Should have stayed long :oops:

Hit a buck and pulled back. :o

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/FFMGF
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals