Introduction!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Introduction!

Postby TheGolfGuy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Hey guys! I have been looking at this forum for days now and I have to say, I love it! I stack silver and various bullion like copper pennies! Are there any tips for a beginner stacker? I love to CRH too! Thanks guys! -Golf
TheGolfGuy

Re: Introduction!

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Welcome! :thumbup:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Not as much activity with the bear market in metals, but at things are starting to look more interesting now with the turmoil in the markets.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Golfing and stacking :thumbup:

Welcome
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rainsonme » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:49 pm

what area do you hail from? Just curious.

My advice is:
1. Always keep a bag of pennies ready to search; you never know when you have time to kill. If I go into a post-office or somewhere I expect to stand in line, I often put a few rolls of pennies in my pocket to sort while I wait. And waiting for arrivals at the airport.
2. Always ask the bank teller if they have any half dollars; the least likely roll often turns out to be the best.
3. Never take $500 in loose half dollars through the air port security; they really dont like that.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:10 am

Welcome. My only tip is to read as much as you can from this site. I don't agree with everything said here, but there is lots worth reading.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:18 am

Welcome to the insanity. You'll fit right in.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby TheGolfGuy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:13 am

Rainsonme... I live on the east coast :)
TheGolfGuy

Postby silverstacker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:43 pm

rainsonme wrote:what area do you hail from? Just curious.

My advice is:
1. Always keep a bag of pennies ready to search; you never know when you have time to kill. If I go into a post-office or somewhere I expect to stand in line, I often put a few rolls of pennies in my pocket to sort while I wait. And waiting for arrivals at the airport.
2. Always ask the bank teller if they have any half dollars; the least likely roll often turns out to be the best.
3. Never take $500 in loose half dollars through the air port security; they really dont like that.

:clap: :clap: I know a fellow that just loves going through those bags of pennies. You know who you are and I think you've planted the seed in my head as I write this. For the meantime, I'll stick to my Kennedy finds but that will soon become difficult as I've been spoiled in my area for too long and now my banks are closing up (wonder why hmmm) So it's off to the penny races :D :D I see a few plastic penny bags in my future that includes a drop tub for the dirties and another for the beauties.

Copper here I come! For the love of the hobby of course. :D
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:12 am

Welcome :)
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:53 am

Welcome. In case you hadn't noticed, you can find some really great buys at times in the buy it now section. Better than big online dealer pricing. :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby CardsNCoins » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:23 pm

TheGolfGuy wrote:............... I live on the east coast :)

Stay out of my silver vein please. :D
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Welcome to RC!! Glad you spoke up :thumbup:
Read as much as you can on here, even the old posts are like Gold!!! :angel:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:49 am

Welcome to a never ending obsession
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:24 am

Welcome to this cyber clubhouse, everyone of these guys are solid and sane, I am the exception, as i'm one can shy of a six pack

silver? Royal Canadian Maple Leaf's....past several years the Chinese, via alibaba, have been counterfeiting Eagles, US 90% Coinage, (pre-1965) but the RCM in 2014-2016 have instituted anti-counterfeiting measures that in my opinion make them the go to one troy ounce silver coin, and they're .9999 silver to boot.......

the auctions and sellers here are solid as well, self policing you could say....God love you sir, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:17 am

neilgin1 wrote:silver? Royal Canadian Maple Leaf's....past several years the Chinese, via alibaba, have been counterfeiting Eagles, US 90% Coinage, (pre-1965) but the RCM in 2014-2016 have instituted anti-counterfeiting measures that in my opinion make them the go to one troy ounce silver coin, and they're .9999 silver to boot.......

Excellent advice. I'm also a big fan of the 10 oz silver RCM bars with all their security measures as well--love that reeded edge :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby smalltimeopn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Welcome! My advice: diversify your stack. Have different denominations in 90% and have some 40% as well. Have your Cu's and some Nicks. I have even started to keep some clad quarters just in case. Hold!!
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals