Silver to the MOON

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver to the MOON

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:57 pm

$35? $38? $58? $580? $MOON?

What is your prediction?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by Market Harmony on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Silver to the MOON

Postby theo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:07 pm

I think it will challenge the $35 level and move sideways for a few months between $31 and $35. There will probably be a 20% sell-off in the Spring, possibly connected with a stock market panic. In September Ag will resume its move upward move taking out the $40 level and possibly challenging its old highs by the holidays.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Courtesy of French Stewart.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby tbram88 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:11 pm

I think we will see $35 in a day or two, followed by one more dip to $30 next week then hovering in the $35-$38 for months. never to see $30 again.

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 am

Of course if the backwardation continues and the COMEX threatens to default we could see an immediate move to $50 and beyond in order to shake loose the supply of metal needed to honor the physical orders. But if a large portion of the physical holders refuse to sell, well. . .
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby misteroman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 am

^^^^^^^^^^^ is that the March 11th date I keep reading about?
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby exbingoaddict » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 am

We should take in to account the June 15th Lunar eclipse. However, said ecilipse will not be visibile in North America.

So we should be seeing a major move in European and Asian silver but ASE's and Maple Leafs will clearly NOT be affected by this price movement.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:28 pm

^^^ LOL Mike...

I think we'll see $35 this year, but I also think we'll see $20 this year. The way oil is spiking up, I believe there's a high likelihood that we will experience a 2008 crash scenario again. (In reality, it's just a continuation of the crash of 2008...) I believe markets world-wide will eventually tank, probably this year, and that the spot price of metals will plummet as traders sell off in order to acquire cash to cover positions. In the long-term, this event will be very bullish for silver, it will also be a great buying opportunity for folks. Physical silver will unhinge from the spot price at some point (even more-so than in 2008 and since), and it will become more and more interesting (read: scary) from that point forward... Unlike many on here, I'm not thrilled with the spike in metals prices, living in war-zone like conditions sucks. But at least I have a pretty good idea of what to expect (been there, done that), and feel I'm prepped better than many. In the words of the Mogambu Guru - WWWWHHHHHEEEEEEEE........ :?

I would encourage folks that are preppers to sell on the highs, as best you can, and lower the basis cost in your stash. Use the proceeds to prep some more. There will be at least one more grand buying period ahead, probably this year.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm

JJM wrote:^^^ LOL Mike...

I think we'll see $35 this year, but I also think we'll see $20 this year. The way oil is spiking up, I believe there's a high likelihood that we will experience a 2008 crash scenario again. (In reality, it's just a continuation of the crash of 2008...) I believe markets world-wide will eventually tank, probably this year, and that the spot price of metals will plummet as traders sell off in order to acquire cash to cover positions. In the long-term, this event will be very bullish for silver, it will also be a great buying opportunity for folks. Physical silver will unhinge from the spot price at some point (even more-so than in 2008 and since), and it will become more and more interesting (read: scary) from that point forward... Unlike many on here, I'm not thrilled with the spike in metals prices, living in war-zone like conditions sucks. But at least I have a pretty good idea of what to expect (been there, done that), and feel I'm prepped better than many. In the words of the Mogambu Guru - WWWWHHHHHEEEEEEEE........ :?

I would encourage folks that are preppers to sell on the highs, as best you can, and lower the basis cost in your stash. Use the proceeds to prep some more. There will be at least one more grand buying period ahead, probably this year.

It's a tough balancing act. If you're in this as a prepper, you want to retain a base hoard for the main reason you are doing it in the first place, and not be caught out with insufficient stock if a black swan comes by while you're waiting for the next low to buy. I'm leaning toward not selling at all, just diluting the basis cost by continual accumulation in a rising market, and trying to take special advantage of major prices drops when I can.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 pm

exbingoaddict wrote:We should take in to account the June 15th Lunar eclipse. However, said ecilipse will not be visibile in North America.

So we should be seeing a major move in European and Asian silver but ASE's and Maple Leafs will clearly NOT be affected by this price movement.

Excellent thinking! Premiums on Maples and Eagles are dropping while Philharmonics are already ramping up in anticipation. I'm selling 4 of them now for $99,999 each if anyone needs three or four to prep. [/sarc]
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Market Harmony wrote:
exbingoaddict wrote:We should take in to account the June 15th Lunar eclipse. However, said ecilipse will not be visibile in North America.

Excellent thinking! Premiums on Maples and Eagles are dropping while Philharmonics are already ramping up in anticipation. I'm selling 4 of them now for $99,999 each if anyone needs three or four to prep. [/sarc]

If you'll enclose them in cardboard flips I might consider it 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby TXBullion » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:47 pm

sending pm.... :lol:
TXBullion

Postby exbingoaddict » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Market Harmony wrote: Excellent thinking! Premiums on Maples and Eagles are dropping while Philharmonics are already ramping up in anticipation. I'm selling 4 of them now for $99,999 each if anyone needs three or four to prep. [/sarc]

Roll you eyes all you want. Let's take a look at the facts, shall we?

FACT: The Moon controls ocean tides.

FACT: The oceans are made up of salt water.

FACT: The human body contains 50 quarts of salt water.

FACT: Bismark is the capital of North Dakota.

FACT: Humans produce, mint, and market Maples, Eagles, Philharmonics, and Pandas.

Many of you already should see where this is going. The moon clearly controls the silver market. The moon is Adam Smith's invisible hand. Smith was writing in code. Much like Nostradamus was using allegory to conceal his premonitions. Why else would the moon make an in very own your silver chart Market Harmony?

The eclipse of the moon will bring with a price movement to European and Asian silver products. The eclipse however will NOT been seen in North America. Hence, eagles, maples, and bars with Mexican revolutionary figures such as Pancho Villa will not see this wild swing due to the a lack the lunar activity. Nature abhors vacuums, remember that gentlemen. You can either profit by the lunar cycle or be it's whipping boy. You decide.

:geek:
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:30 pm

exbingoaddict wrote:
Market Harmony wrote: Excellent thinking! Premiums on Maples and Eagles are dropping while Philharmonics are already ramping up in anticipation. I'm selling 4 of them now for $99,999 each if anyone needs three or four to prep. [/sarc]

Actually, according to Bill O'Reilly, God does that.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Devil Soundwave » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:03 pm

What on Earth are you on about? :roll:
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby exbingoaddict » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 am

Devil Soundwave wrote:What on Earth are you on about? :roll:

It's humor. Try sometime. On second thought. Don't try it at home.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:42 am

exbingoaddict wrote:

FACT: Humans produce, mint, and market Maples, Eagles, Philharmonics, and Pandas.

Many of you already should see where this is going. The moon clearly controls the silver market. The moon is Adam Smith's invisible hand. Smith was writing in code. Much like Nostradamus was using allegory to conceal his premonitions. Why else would the moon make an in very own your silver chart Market Harmony?

The eclipse of the moon will bring with a price movement to European and Asian silver products. The eclipse however will NOT been seen in North America. Hence, eagles, maples, and bars with Mexican revolutionary figures such as Pancho Villa will not see this wild swing due to the a lack the lunar activity. Nature abhors vacuums, remember that gentlemen. You can either profit by the lunar cycle or be it's whipping boy. You decide.

Ah, you forgot the Moon is also make of silver! That is why it shines so bright in the sky!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:38 am

My thoughts/predictions: Sideways for a week or two then a pullback to $28 for 2-3 days followed by a swift run to $37 before late March.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:08 am

Rodebaugh wrote:My thoughts/predictions: Sideways for a week or two then a pullback to $28 for 2-3 days followed by a swift run to $37 before late March.

Here's to hoping you're right! If it goes back down below $30 I'm both ready and in a position to be all over it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 am

68Camaro wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:My thoughts/predictions: Sideways for a week or two then a pullback to $28 for 2-3 days followed by a swift run to $37 before late March.

Here's to hoping you're right! If it goes back down below $30 I'm both ready and in a position to be all over it.

I hope Rodebaugh is right, too. May I ask what forces AG down like that?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 am

shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:

I hope Rodebaugh is right, too. May I ask what forces AG down like that?

Fear and locking in profit.

Folks, I just speculate......and lord knows I have been wrong before.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Folks, I just speculate......and lord knows I have been wrong before.

Won't hold you responsible it if doesn't go up. But I'll give you some credit if it goes down (and I buy) before it goes up. ;)
68Camaro

Postby exbingoaddict » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 am

The price of AG is controlled by the same forces that influence every other commodity. Chiefly, supply, demand, fear, and greed.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 pm

exbingoaddict wrote:Roll you eyes all you want. Let's take a look at the facts, shall we?

FACT: Humans produce, mint, and market Maples, Eagles, Philharmonics, and Pandas...

You can't argue with the facts. If Canada is past Bismark, then what is past the moon?

If you had a bath tub made out of silver, would it also have tides? Silver is magic

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rickygee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
exbingoaddict wrote:

Ah, you forgot the Moon is also make of silver! That is why it shines so bright in the sky!

All together now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOHpLP8OUA0
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals