What's Your Guess?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What's Your Guess?

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:45 am

Dow down heavy following Brexit. Where will it end today?

My guess? The PPT will come in and algorithms be employed. By the end of the day the DOW will end only one percent loss (if they have their way).
If they "lose control"....

look out below :o :shock: 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What's Your Guess?

Postby Country » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 am

Going Up!

Watch what happens when the commercials assess that they are going to loose BIG TIME! I would guess $1400 GOLD soon as the shorts are forced to cover. I think GOLD could move much higher when the idea of another member of the EU leaving is a possibility. Further, our Fed will not be raising rates anytime soon. The BULL is back!
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:11 pm

I have no proof and, of course, the benefit of hindsight. But it seems that the PPT doesn't usually come in after a one day decline of 3%. It seems more likely that they would wait for a minimum, say, 10-12% pullback and that would usually take anywhere from four days to a couple weeks to occur. We shall see...

For others, PPT = Plunge Protection Team. More details available via Wiki.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:05 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I have no proof and, of course, the benefit of hindsight. But it seems that the PPT doesn't usually come in after a one day decline of 3%. It seems more likely that they would wait for a minimum, say, 10-12% pullback and that would usually take anywhere from four days to a couple weeks to occur. We shall see...

For others, PPT = Plunge Protection Team. More details available via Wiki.

I tend to agree with this, but I don't think they will allow another huge down day in the market... -200 or -300 points maximum.

My co-workers are starting to bitch about their 401k's. Paper garbage.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals