What's up with Provident?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What's up with Provident?

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Provident Metals has no one ounce or two ounce silver round listings except for a Zombuck's set?

They can't possibly be sold out of everything. No way.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What's up with Provident?

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 pm

They have inside information that the price of silver is going to go up eight dollars and seventy six cents tomorrow!

Nah, I think it is just a little computer glitch. It says 18 items when I looked but it does not show them.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Works ok now.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:56 pm

What do you need Ray? ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby pennypicker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:25 am

At least its not the usual "down for routine maintenance" gimmick whenever PM's take a substantial dive :thumbdown:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Zincanator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:07 am

Wow they really pull that sh__ when prices dive? Always seems a solid seller when I've used them...
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Spend a couple more cents/oz and buy from a real, no nonsense bullion dealer... like APMEX.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Spend a couple more cents/oz and buy from a real, no nonsense bullion dealer... like APMEX.

Regardless of one's opinion of Provident (I've not had a problem with them, but there was a time I could have said that about APMEX as well). APMEX is not my favorite choice of illustrative dealers; they ran me through the ringer on a 4-digit order last year; multiple issues (as previously reported here). Sent me the wrong product in the first place, were slow to ship the replacement, the replacement then got lost because (I eventually found out) they mis-addressed it. They refused to talk to me or correspond any further at that point. The shipment eventually was returned to APMEX, which re-addressed it (stunningly poorly - barely legible, even in the second attempt), and the corrected shipment finally arrived - 6 weeks later.

I ended up coming out even, finally, but I'll never do business with them again, I've stuck by that, and I continue to share that experience with everyone that brings them up.

As has been noted before, great businesses are made not by how many times they get it right, but by how they take care of the issues that have gone bad. My best experiences ever have been with Miles Franklin. Not the cheapest dealer, but their customer service is the by far the best in the industry, and if they get something wrong you can actually speak to a person and they'll do whatever it takes to fix it, and as quickly as possible.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals