This may be the BIG black swan

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

This may be the BIG black swan

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:05 pm

posting this here because I'll be curious to see what effect (if any) it will have on precious metals prices.

We may just have witnessed the unfolding of events that lead shortly to WWIII

If the military coup in Turkey was successful... and the new powers are pro-Russian... our guys will want to unseat them.
If the new powers are pro-American... the Russians will wish to unseat them. If either attempts to accomplish just that, there could well
be immediate "boots on the ground" repercussions.

No matter which outcome (if either) ensues... the already unstable region just became even more destabilized. :o

Thinking that we could see another post-Brexit type of metals explosion on the open Monday.

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: This may be the BIG black swan

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks for posting this. My thoughts were on same line. What really stirs the thoughts were the shelter in place directive. I would not want to be a tourist visiting there right now. Depending how the weekend plays out i was thinking Monday could see a good bump in pm's. Especially gold.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Between the needless slaughter of over 80 souls in Nice, France, yesterday and the coup d'état in Turkey today, we have a bubbling caldron of hatred affecting many millions of people whom aren't usually prone to strike back at anyone. Governments across the globe may try to calm their populous, but, likely to no avail. This could be the tipping point, boiling point or whatever point you refer to that'll incite the mob mentality in their search for some type of revenge. Again, the innocents will be those whom are most adversely affected. So sad.

The world will be watching the reaction of the talking heads in each major country. These heads-of-state could easily incite others or their own citizens into a full-scale war. As much as I'd celebrate the meteoric rise of PMs resulting from this, I'd sacrifice those $$$ for a return to sanity. Perhaps that's just the Myth of Sisyphus and we're doomed to this life for many generations into the future. Certainly is a pity.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:26 am

Know Common Cents wrote:Between the needless slaughter of over 80 souls in Nice, France, yesterday and the coup d'état in Turkey today, we have a bubbling caldron of hatred affecting many millions of people whom aren't usually prone to strike back at anyone. Governments across the globe may try to calm their populous, but, likely to no avail. This could be the tipping point, boiling point or whatever point you refer to that'll incite the mob mentality in their search for some type of revenge. Again, the innocents will be those whom are most adversely affected. So sad.

The world will be watching the reaction of the talking heads in each major country. These heads-of-state could easily incite others or their own citizens into a full-scale war. As much as I'd celebrate the meteoric rise of PMs resulting from this, I'd sacrifice those $$$ for a return to sanity. Perhaps that's just the Myth of Sisyphus and we're doomed to this life for many generations into the future. Certainly is a pity.

Well said. In my opinion the world has gone mad. Between this countries coming election and the sad situation in France as well as the ISIl madness this world is a breathe away from armageddon. I think we all need to take a moment and pray.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:25 am

Never postulate anything after two "ifs" in a row.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:02 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Never postulate anything after two "ifs" in a row.

Now, that is wisdom. It's hard enough to hit one "if". Anyone who parlays bets knows this.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby pennypicker » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Thogey wrote:Now, that is wisdom. It's hard enough to hit one "if". Anyone who parlays bets knows this.

I first learned my lesson on betting parlays at the Cal Neva sports book in Reno back in 1986. Homey doesn't play the parlay game anymore 8-)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Anybody have any links to good info on the Turkey attempted coup?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:29 am

This black swan is looking more like a tarred chicken
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:38 am

Unfortunately the coup leaders were badly prepared and they will pay the price. This was a coup that most likely would have restored secular democracy. Turkey as a EU and NATO member, but as an Islamic "republic" - which is the direction they are heading - is a nightmare and it is that which could become the black swan out of this.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals