New Coin Counting Machines At Banks..NextGen

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Coin Counting Machines At Banks..NextGen

Postby silverstacker » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:01 pm

I was at one of the banks that I use to buy boxes of half dollars every week and noticed new coin sorter machines. I asked one of my teller friends as well as the regional manager that I know rather well and they both told me that these new machines can detect silver and then rejects them in the return box. Then the teller told me that the person that has no clue then takes their slip to the teller and hands them their total sheets and the ones that were rejected. The tellers then can easily spot the silver ones and take them for themselves.

I tried it earlier this week with 750 clad coins and one 90% coin and wouldn't you know the one that was 90% got spit out. :(

So I then I decided to work on a deal for them as they have little knowledge of the going rate and how the LCS will take advantage of them

More to come.....

Anyone else noticing these "New Machines" with a futuristic look? They and very fast at reading and have fast sorting capabilities?
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: New Coin Counting Machines At Banks..NextGen

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:39 am

Can you give us a manufacturer, model number or name of the bank that has this machine?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:05 pm

We have found more than one brand of counter were the junk go to a inside cup. The tellers at more than one bank save the junk for my son . Some of the junk is gold http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22642&hilit=+gold
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rainsonme » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm

well, it makes sense that the manufacturer would not waste effort selecting for coins that have not been minted in over 50 years, and which represent far less than 0.01% of coins to be counted. I am sure they exclude steel pennies, 3-cent pieces, and large cents too. Now, if they could make some of these high speed machines available to the public at a low cost ----

I would guess this will just hasten the removal of the last of the silver coins from circulation.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:06 pm

silverstacker wrote:I was at one of the banks that I use to buy boxes of half dollars every week and noticed new coin sorter machines. I asked one of my teller friends as well as the regional manager that I know rather well and they both told me that these new machines can detect silver and then rejects them in the return box. Then the teller told me that the person that has no clue then takes their slip to the teller and hands them their total sheets and the ones that were rejected. The tellers then can easily spot the silver ones and take them for themselves.

I tried it earlier this week with 750 clad coins and one 90% coin and wouldn't you know the one that was 90% got spit out. :(

So I then I decided to work on a deal for them as they have little knowledge of the going rate and how the LCS will take advantage of them

More to come.....

Anyone else noticing these "New Machines" with a futuristic look? They and very fast at reading and have fast sorting capabilities?

try with a 40% half and see what happens
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby knibloe » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:25 pm

silverstacker wrote:I was at one of the banks that I use to buy boxes of half dollars every week and noticed new coin sorter machines. I asked one of my teller friends as well as the regional manager that I know rather well and they both told me that these new machines can detect silver and then rejects them in the return box. Then the teller told me that the person that has no clue then takes their slip to the teller and hands them their total sheets and the ones that were rejected. The tellers then can easily spot the silver ones and take them for themselves.

More to come.....

They have been doing this at my dump bank for several years now.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:06 am

Buy bags of halves and dimes from banks that have machines that do not reject silver. Dump those bags into this new machine-of-the-future. Silver sorting done for you!!!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 pm

NHsorter wrote:Buy bags of halves and dimes from banks that have machines that do not reject silver. Dump those bags into this new machine-of-the-future. Silver sorting done for you!!!

That is what I do.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Shazbot57 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:41 pm

More to come.....

Thanks for the heads up! Which banks have the newer machines and do you know what type (Manufacterer) they are? A pic would be awesome.
Shaz
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hutch88 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 am

NHsorter wrote:Buy bags of halves and dimes from banks that have machines that do not reject silver. Dump those bags into this new machine-of-the-future. Silver sorting done for you!!!

Good idea! Im trying this tomorrow!
Hutch88

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals