Silver and Gold Trump prediction

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver and Gold Trump prediction

Postby daviscfad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 pm

I want to make a bold prediction, that sometime while trump is in office, probably towards the end of his 4 years, we will see a very strong dollar with PM prices at the early 2000 levels.. I dont know why i feel this way, but just thought i would make that prediction.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver and Gold Trump prediction

Postby slickeast » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Where do you see gold and silver prices?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby InfleXion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Since we are no longer a leading manufacturing nation and we print our way out of debt which grows exponentially and can never be repaid by GDP which grows linearly, if the dollar is strong it isn't going to be because of Fed policy or the economy. It would instead be because other fiat currencies are failing where people incorrectly view the dollar as safe haven for a brief period of time before it follows suit due to counter party risk chains.

So we could see another fire sale if that happens, but it wouldn't make me jump for joy. I think Trump could do good things for our economy, but nobody can overcome a mathematical impossibility even though the result has been continually pushed out to the future since 1971 and could continue for as long as people are willing to accept usurious currency.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wolvesdad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Spencer,
I have had the EXACT same sinking gut feeling the last to days.

I don't think that the dollar will actually be stronger, but I could see that the manipulation has fooled the markets and money into thinking that it is.

I mean I could see an implosion happen at any time. I really thought we would've had something more severe already sometime in the past 10 years. But it hasn't, and that is a testimony to the strong hands of those that manipulate the market.

Fact is, for an indefinite sustained 'support' of the dollar, I have too much into PM's. I mean, it has been great, in that I have been disciplined and not wasteful with my money.

But if I had been putting my money to use, in rental property, or some other active investment over the last 10 years, I would be in much better shape right now.

I wish I could, but I am too paranoid, to go ALL OUT of PMs.
Though, again, my gut feeling is that they will under perform over the next 4 years.

Good insurance? Yes. But insurance is expensive!!!
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:09 pm

If we have cheap PM's for the next four years... that would just be dandy! :mrgreen: I'll stack till I'm seventy... and then stack some more 8-)

We sure won't have social security or pensions by then. :thumbdown:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals