Silver...Slip,Sliding Away

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver...Slip,Sliding Away

Postby slickeast » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:32 am

Looks like Silver is starting to pull back some. Currently it is $20.64 down from the 20.91 high just a few days ago.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Silver...Slip,Sliding Away

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 am

If it goes below $18, I will keep buying. If it goes above $25, I will spend it on land.

Maybe I am horribly wrong, but I can't help think the long term trend is up, up, and away!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:23 am

It defiantly slipped away from this guy.

Check out this auction I won this morning :shock: :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby mauk13r » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 am

Nice score Eric.
mauk13r
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 am

Hey Eric... if you have another $44... I have another eleven old coins to sell you :twisted: (do you prefer Lincoln's or Jefferson's?) Dude, looks like a nice haul, but I have no idea if it's a "deal" or not. What do you figure the silver content was in those?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:28 am

Looks like a good deal, Thogey! I have always shied away from buying foreign coins because I don't know their silver, or gold, content. If you can pick up good deals like that... maybe it is time for me to look into it!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Looks like a good deal, Thogey! I have always shied away from buying foreign coins because I don't know their silver, or gold, content. If you can pick up good deals like that... maybe it is time for me to look into it!
Yeah Eric... post your interesting foreign silver finds in the contest thread... and we'll make a game out of who can bid the highest for them! Winner gets bragging rights and gets to snidely gloat "neener, neener, neener!!" :lol:
beauanderos

Postby PennyPauper » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Back to 20.93 after the fed talked.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:13 pm

PennyPauper wrote:Back to 20.93 after the fed talked.

I just saw that it took a 30 cent jump in a matter a minutes.
slickeast

Postby PennyPauper » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:45 pm

I knew it would jump,like the fed was going to anounce a magic fix to the ecomomy :)
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:00 pm

beauanderos wrote:Hey Eric... if you have another $44... I have another eleven old coins to sell you :twisted: (do you prefer Lincoln's or Jefferson's?) Dude, looks like a nice haul, but I have no idea if it's a "deal" or not. What do you figure the silver content was in those?

It's over 4 toz ASW. I'm really looking forward to the bronze ones too.

The picture sucks but one was described as an 1861 mexican bronze coin. That might be a good one.

But I just hope they don't stick to my magnet, if they do I'll return them with tube of lubricant and detailed instructions on what the seller should do with them.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Quagmire » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:34 am

i dislike foreign silver for many reasons, but mostly because people are not familiar with it to a much greater extent than US coin.
Quagmire
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:49 am

Quagmire wrote:i dislike foreign silver for many reasons, but mostly because people are not familiar with it to a much greater extent than US coin.

Quicksand... I have to agree and disagree. I like foreign coins cuz they're exotic. They stimulate your imagination, and in a small sense, they induce a sense of traveling. They might stimulate you to look up the history of the coin and the era in which it was minted, and in that way they contribute to your sense of inquiry. Anything that catalyzes your desire to learn in some way leaves you a better person... and life, for those moments, is not so boring. You become like a little kid, in wonderment, as Christmas presents are unwrapped. On the other hand, if Eric ever decides to sell, his field of buyers is somewhat limited as opposed to those who might want junk silver. Although I do imagine, that as silver soars in price, that alot higher percentage of people than do now, will learn the silver content of some of other countries silver coinage, much as American's now feel comfortable buying those little gold sparklies from south of the border. :?
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:51 am

I'm glad a percentage of Americans dislike foreign silver, that's why the deals are out there.

I'll have no problem selling those Mexican coins for at least melt.

The Krause book has the silver content of all these foreign coins the info is easy to find.

Also, many of those Mexican coins have the weight and purity stamped on them.
Thogey

Postby slickeast » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Maybe I need to change it to

Silver...UP , UP and AWAY!!!!
slickeast

Postby Joogaler » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Thogey wrote:But I just hope they don't stick to my magnet, if they do I'll return them with tube of lubricant and detailed instructions on what the seller should do with them.

I've really got to remember that one! :lol:

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals