Wall Street Journal 'Cash Prices'

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Wall Street Journal 'Cash Prices'

Postby jerry278 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Hey all,

I dont know how many of you read the Wall street journal. Its kinda lame, but the commodity section is always interesting. Anyways around the 'Commodity' (sp?) section they have the 'Cash Prices' for a wide range of things from gold and silver to oil to beef carcasse to milk. Its kind of interesting actually. Imagine hoarding Beef haha! anyways under the silver they have the prices for: 1) '$1,000 FV BAG 2) englehard and 3)LME price i believe. Anyways under the englehard section it says 'englehard industrial price' and 'englehad fabricated price'. Id imagine the industrial is just that and the fabricated is those rounds was have all come to love. But the interesting thing is that the industrial price is basically spot (right now it says $36) but the 'fabricated price says ($43.00) :?:
This is a $7 price difference. A $7 premium seems a big excagerated. Actually iam on a popular bullion site right now and the price for an englehard round is $40. which seems about right for an englehard premium. not $43 however. It just seems sort of odd. If this is indeed right I guess we should all figure out who buys and sells to the WSJ and sell englehard rounds to them for a $7 premium over spot! Hahah is this was true you could actually make a couple bucks buying englehard rounds at $40 and selling it to them for $43. seems kinda odd. What do you guys think?
jerry278
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals