Technical Analysis of Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Technical Analysis of Silver

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 4913002747

This article is a few years old but the fundamental findings make me think that silver might not be going up that much for the next several years.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Technical Analysis of Silver

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Duuno but we hit peak silver 2 years ago, not what they guessed in 2013.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:53 pm

68Camaro wrote:Duuno but we hit peak silver 2 years ago, not what they guessed in 2013.

I think the production numbers are the most interesting.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:29 am

I found this graphic I was messing with last year, and it reminds me that silver is the long game. People often say better late than never. How about better early than late? It's still early, and some people seem to think the party is already over. BitCoin is going to be passed out by dinner time.
Attachments
silver_2017-03-13.PNG
silver_2017-03-13.PNG (178.02 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 am

This makes sense. I was wondering where/when to put the Bitcoin profits.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:29 am

highroller4321 wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Duuno but we hit peak silver 2 years ago, not what they guessed in 2013.

I think the production numbers are the most interesting.

I skimmed it a bit more completely and while still skimming (a detailed review would have to dig into each model and how they were applied and interacted) it appears to be a very complete attempt to model the extremely complex interactions underway. I believe their long-term trend results are right on the mark. I was overly critical of their miss for peak silver, because the models can't be that accurate on the time scale. They are having to estimate a lot of the inputs, and world events can create a short-term difference between model and real life, but I think the message and trend is solid. (And matches the intuition of many long-term market followers.) If a human lifetime was 300 years and I was still young now, I would be personally very concerned about the results showing that we're running out of key minerals early in my mid-life. This is about the world 7, 10, 30, 50 years from now. The world in 2100 is going to be very different from the world we're in now.

I may not benefit due to my stock from the eventual shortages to come, but my children hopefully will (they have been conditioned to not sell unless it is a life emergency - hopefully that will stick with them after I"m gone).

This type of modeling easily explains why JPM might actually be looking at the long-game themselves. If they have come to believe this type of modeling (or perhaps have even refined it further in private data and even more sophisticated models - and maybe they are seeing a crisis point coming even sooner), then what Ted Butler alleges might be true, and would explain why they have accumulated a massive physical stockpile.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Bigjohn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:44 pm

I truly believe gold and silver will make a huge comeback....................it might take some time though, probably years. We will have another recession and all of the sudden everyone will be talking about PMs. Stack before that happens
Open a coinbase account and both of us will get $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec
Bigjohn
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals