Silver in the Wild?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver in the Wild?

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Hey....had a rather lucky day today at my credit union. I went in to cash a check and happened to look at the coin counting machine by the door on my way out.

What did I find?

Five SILVER dimes! That's right. FIVE. ;)

Three from 1964, one from 1962 and one from 1952!

How crazy is that?? :o

Plus, one canadian nickel, one penny and a quarter! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver in the Wild?

Postby Saabman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Awesome!!! WTG!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Five is better than four!

Happened to me a couple times when dumping zincs at TD bank. Found a few 90% quarters too.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 am

That's crazy. I went by one of my local food markets yesterday and bought a couple of essentials with cash. I got one dime back in change and i checked the edge as I always do and didn't see a copper tinge. I check the face and the coin looks old, but my eyesight is waning and I can't read the year. When I get home, I put on some of those generic magnified reading glasses and look at it. ... 2004. D'oh!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:23 pm

I haven't had a taste of wild silver in quite some time. I think it was probably a war nickel about 2 years ago.

Must be nice to encounter something of substance even if it's just a silver dime or quarter. Geez. Here I am pleased when I get a wheat cent in change.

Good hunting.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:24 pm

My luck continues to improve! I found a 1944 silver dime today with change from a gas station! :o

Chances of finding one like that in the wild? Slim to nil. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket or something.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals