silver commorative coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver commorative coins

Postby doug » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:04 pm

What is the silver percentage in the silver quarter, half and dime in the silver proof sets from 1992 to date(40% or 90%)?
doug
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: silver commorative coins

Postby whatsnext » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm

The ones i have are plated with silver like the nickle is on regular quaters.

Are yours solid silver or copper middles?
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 pm

doug wrote:What is the silver percentage in the silver quarter, half and dime in the silver proof sets from 1992 to date(40% or 90%)?

90% and the same weight and content of silver as the 1964 and earlier coins....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 pm

I picked up a 1992 S silver proof set over the weekend at a rummage sale. The plastic lens was cracked, but all of the silver coins were intact. Because of the cracked lens, I offered $3.50 (knowing I'd let the seller talk me up higher). The final price was $5 and the Academy Award performance I gave to the seller was a masterpiece. Cha-Ching!
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:I picked up a 1992 S silver proof set over the weekend at a rummage sale. The plastic lens was cracked, but all of the silver coins were intact. Because of the cracked lens, I offered $3.50 (knowing I'd let the seller talk me up higher). The final price was $5 and the Academy Award performance I gave to the seller was a masterpiece. Cha-Ching!

Well done. And don't forget to submit your nomination for the seller to the Academy before the deadline.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals