Found a ring today. Gold?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Found a ring today. Gold?

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:52 pm

The ring has no number stamping, but sinks in a cup of water and is not magnetic? Anything else I can use at home to test it? I don't have nitric acid.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: Found a ring today. Gold?

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:25 pm

FYI it has also passed the white vinegar test!!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Post a pic
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Here ya go.
Attachments
20190911_172823-1.jpg
20190911_172823-1.jpg (79.75 KiB) Viewed 962 times
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:00 pm

You know what is scary about society today? We might be within a few years or so when someone could look at the picture above (because of the fingerprints) and determine exactly where a person lives. Am I being too paranoid?

By the way, nice going on finding the ring.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:You know what is scary about society today? We might be within a few years or so when someone could look at the picture above (because of the fingerprints) and determine exactly where a person lives. Am I being too paranoid?

Steve, I was thinking the SAME THING, but I did not post it. Scary is right! And NO, you're not being too paranoid, this is where it's all heading. The book 1984 was a little early, but it's all coming to fruition.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:14 pm

I found a gold/diamond necklace on the floor at the mall in the middle of the food court. I ate my lunch and watched for about 10 minutes as people kept walking past/over it before I picked it up. Went to the mall lost and found to see if anyone lost any jewelry that day... nope. I brought it to a jeweler a week afterward; 100% real, worth about $500. The gold is 18K too.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 am

I took it to 2 jewelry stores and they claimed they had no way to tell if it was real. I took it to a pawn shop and they rubbed it on this black block that they had, and they said it wasn't gold bc it left no lines on the block...

So, I have no clue what to do with it now. Sure looks real to me!!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:You know what is scary about society today? We might be within a few years or so when someone could look at the picture above (because of the fingerprints) and determine exactly where a person lives. Am I being too paranoid?

By the way, nice going on finding the ring.

More likely, the photo's meta data already has the Lat/Long of where the photo was taken embedded in it. When you take and then upload the photo, the meta data remains integrated into the .jpg file. A good photo tool will easily reveal the meta data.

The way around that is to open the photo on your computer, take a screenshot with the "Print Screen" key, then open a photo editing program and paste the screenshot into a new image file. This new pic will not have any of the photo's original meta data.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals