If we had to pay in gold, silver, copper, vs. Dollar?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

If we had to pay in gold, silver, copper, vs. Dollar?

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:50 pm

If we have to go back to paying like in the past, how will we pay? Do you hand someone a 1g bar and they give you ingots back for change?
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: If we had to pay in gold, silver, copper, vs. Dollar?

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Happy 1 year RealCent anniversary TCO.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:57 pm

TXSTARFIRE wrote:Happy 1 year RealCent anniversary TCO.

Thanks!! I've learned a lot!!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:39 pm

I will have some table at a local gun show soon. Powder and primers are in short supply nationwide and I am willing to trade a pound of powder for an ASE. Haven't figured out the trade equivalent of primers.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby coppernickel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:16 pm

It will take a while for us to learn how to figure in silver and copper coins.

Gold is too big for anything but very large trades.

We will only figure it out only when FRN are unavailable.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:21 pm

franklin wrote:I will have some table at a local gun show soon. Powder and primers are in short supply nationwide and I am willing to trade a pound of powder for an ASE. Haven't figured out the trade equivalent of primers.

That will definitely be an interesting trade!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:30 pm

The market will always fluctuate. If I can adjust and be part of the market, then I can survive.

The lesson I learned from reading "Free Coinage and a Self-Adjusting Ratio" by Thomas Balch (1877) is, the market will figure out how to run, if it is free of coercion. If it is under manipulation, then you will see the boom and bust cycle so familiar in American Politics and American History.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 pm

coppernickel wrote:It will take a while for us to learn how to figure in silver and copper coins.

Gold is too big for anything but very large trades.

We will only figure it out only when FRN are unavailable.

Copper, those three lines got me thinking, (in a good way....solutions?

1."It will take a while for us to learn how to figure in silver and copper coins."
that is going to be one big national bloody learning curve.

2."Gold is too big for anything but very large trades"
agreeed. land purchases, silo's, herds of livestock, etc.....my 'problem' is that my county is the size of Manhattan, with a population of 25,000......guarantee you, there's more milk cows and deer than are human beans....only two men know, both kin.....nobody goes hungry around here, but i doubt if there are more than 100 toz of Au......Ag?.....dunno, maybe 3,000 to 7,000 toz.

let me pose this, in america, since the commie school system doesnt teach our kids financial literacy, i wonder how many folks total, know the 1964 Wall can you imagine, when hungry folks try to buy some real food with a bag of cupronickel coins?

3."We will only figure it out only when FRN are unavailable."

that last sentence causes me a lot of concern....not you Copper.....folks that are hungry, scared and vulnerable are not too good at "figuring things" rationally.

Rather than leave it at that, one of the most fellows i know is Fernando Aquirre aka "FerFal", Argentinian guy who went thru the hellish 1999-2000 financial implosion down there, and that boy is built to survive....AND he tells us all, what post dollar trading is like.....i'll post some of FerFals resources, including his book, which is one of the best. be blessed, neil

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Survival- ... 9870563457

Fer's website
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

a recent review of the book by a city girl, who just bought it in April 2020......God protect her please

the man himself---interview
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:20 am

I would pay one 90% dime for a 6-inch sandwich at Subway.

That is how it will work.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:54 am

IdahoCopper wrote:I would pay one 90% dime for a 6-inch sandwich at Subway.

That is how it will work.

I could actually see this happening. That, or maybe $2.00 in pre-82 pennies.
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Changechecker » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Up until the recent run up, I tracked some items to gauge price/value of food against pm.
I started back at Y2K and tracked up until recently.
I silver dime was the same value as a can of Campbell tomato soup in 2000 approximately 35 cents
Today a can of soup is about the same. One silver dime 2.00 one can soup approximately $1.75 to $2.00
Also did same with a dinner entree Around 2000 an entree could be had for the cost of a regular silver dollar. Today it is about the same.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 pm

Changechecker wrote:Up until the recent run up, I tracked some items to gauge price/value of food against pm.
I silver dime was the same value as a can of Campbell tomato soup in 2000 approximately 35 cents
Today a can of soup is about the same. One silver dime 2.00 one can soup approximately $1.75 to $2.00
Also did same with a dinner entree Around 2000 an entree could be had for the cost of a regular silver dollar. Today it is about the same.

That is the kind of data that would help people see the sinister nature of monetary debasement by central banks. Slowly, but surely, one's savings lose their purchasing power. My box of cereal has gotten smaller and the price has gone up.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:56 am

shinnosuke wrote:
Changechecker wrote:Up until the recent run up, I tracked some items to gauge price/value of food against pm.

That is the kind of data that would help people see the sinister nature of monetary debasement by central banks. Slowly, but surely, one's savings lose their purchasing power. My box of cereal has gotten smaller and the price has gone up.

Nothings changed,

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals