Colorized Silver Eagles for stacking

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Colorized Silver Eagles for stacking

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:59 pm

I have been buying some silver to stack away. I found a local dealer selling some silver and was wondering what was the best "bang for my buck", really wondering about colorized ASE's. He has some that are colored red/blue and some that have gold coloring on them for 31.50, non colored are 34.00 and one ounce bars for 31.79. Colored ASE seem like the best deal but wasn't sure how the color would effect them or if it is better to just buy the bars for 29 cents more
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Colorized Silver Eagles for stacking

Postby coppernickel » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:25 pm

Personally, I will buy colorized, but only at a bullion type price. If the choice is an unnamed silver round or a colorized silver round, both at the same price. Then I chose the colorized.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:25 pm

Not everyone likes colorized eagles so it may limit your market when you go to resell them.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:33 am

Do not care if they are painted... If I am buying for the stack
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:07 am

If you can get colorized for bullion price or less, do it. Worst case is you take off the paint with acetone and trade them as slightly impaired ASEs, which should bring more than generic bars.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pmbug » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:31 am

highroller4321 wrote:Not everyone likes colorized eagles so it may limit your market when you go to resell them.

<Raises hand and nods head>
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:40 am

pmbug wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:Not everyone likes colorized eagles so it may limit your market when you go to resell them.

I can only lead the horse to water - I cannot make it drink. See post prior to this one. Think acetone... (or other solvent)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby xippi » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:43 pm

68Camaro wrote:
pmbug wrote:

I can only lead the horse to water - I cannot make it drink. See post prior to this one. Think acetone... (or other solvent)

Yep , Toluene, MEK , Xylene , all work great and u can get them at any hardware store. I like a Toluene/Acetone mix :P

Ill take colorized eagles out of the junk bin. :geek:
xippi
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Stack those colorized ASE's...I have around a dozen
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Stack those colorized ASE's...I have around a dozen
fasteddy