J.P. Morgan to be fined $1B per Bloomberg!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

J.P. Morgan to be fined $1B per Bloomberg!

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:28 am

This has the potential to be a really big story...

J.P. Morgan is going to be fined $1 BILLION for spoofing (not spooking, but spoofing) the metals markets per Bloomberg, which said they had three sources. In a recent matter Merrill Lynch (owned by Bank of America for over a decade) was fined $25 million, a mere pittance compared to JPM.

This is basically another way of saying market manipulation.

If someone could post a link, that would be great- I’m on an iPhone and nowhere near my home PC at this time.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: J.P. Morgan to be fined $1B per Bloomberg!

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 am

Yeah, I saw that too. Ted Butler and GATA are vindicated.

A lot of good it will do any of us though.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: J.P. Morgan to be fined $1B per Bloomberg!

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:15 pm

No one prosecuted and no one goes to jail. :x

Jamie Dimon and bankster pals should've been put behind bars 10 years ago.

A $1 billion dollar fine for JPM is just the cost of doing business.

Meanwhile, their profits from manipulating PMs are $100-200 billion. Pretty good trade off. :?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals