Did you sell that spike?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Did you sell that spike?

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:05 am

I did, about 400 oz physical. 25-27 per oz
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Did you sell that spike?

Postby fasteddy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:04 am

:clap: very good thogey cuz it may be another 9 years before it returns to the upper $20 range.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm

You really are a funny guy!

Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 pm

No, my price target was not met.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31 pm

USD has pulled up from 91s to 94s - momentarily - but the long term trend for the USD will be down, which means PMs will be up. No worries about a dip. If you can work the hills and valleys more power to you. Looks like you sold at a nice hill. But if you don't buy again in a valley then it was a one shot deal.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 pm

68Camaro wrote:USD has pulled up from 91s to 94s - momentarily - but the long term trend for the USD will be down, which means PMs will be up. No worries about a dip. If you can work the hills and valleys more power to you. Looks like you sold at a nice hill. But if you don't buy again in a valley then it was a one shot deal.

Im not gonna work at all.
Been reading the same story on this site for 10 plus years. I aint gonna die with a safe full of metal. :wave:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:16 pm

You made the right call for you then. :thumbup:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby smackvay » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:23 pm

i was selling on the way up and down like normal but nothing from the stash.
Now with the unrest in society right now i have sold a TON of pew pew's.
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm

smackvay wrote:i was selling on the way up and down like normal but nothing from the stash.
Now with the unrest in society right now i have sold a TON of pew pew's.

Don't sell all of them... you're gonna need them after Nov 3rd.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals