does anyone have coins from the S.S. Central America

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

does anyone have coins from the S.S. Central America

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:38 am

Is anyone fortunate enough to have one of these in their collection?

https://www.pcgs.com/shipofgold/coins-o ... al-america

I wonder if anyone has ever found any of these coins along the beach in NC/SC!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: does anyone have coins from the S.S. Central America

Postby fasteddy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:07 am

I do not, however, i do have 2 slabbed "pinch of gold" from the SS Central America.

if you haven't read the book it is a fabulous read...it was for me...I read it while vacationing on Sunset Beach NC in 1999...they found that shipwreck due east about 80 miles from where we were vacationing. Tommy Thompson found it then ran off with it and just recently was caught in Florida IIRC. That find was jacked up in the courts for many years...interesting it was the insurance companies trying to recover their loses from a 150 years ago.

gold will not wash up...too heavy although I do have a small jar of shark's teeth from there.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Re: does anyone have coins from the S.S. Central America

Postby thecrazyone » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 am

fasteddy wrote:I do not, however, i do have 2 slabbed "pinch of gold" from the SS Central America.

if you haven't read the book it is a fabulous read...it was for me...I read it while vacationing on Sunset Beach NC in 1999...they found that shipwreck due east about 80 miles from where we were vacationing. Tommy Thompson found it then ran off with it and just recently was caught in Florida IIRC. That find was jacked up in the courts for many years...interesting it was the insurance companies trying to recover their loses from a 150 years ago.

gold will not wash up...too heavy although I do have a small jar of shark's teeth from there.

Hopefully they didn't cost you the $20K that it's going for now!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals