Bullion dealer inventory is all gone

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bullion dealer inventory is all gone

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:04 am

I've been watching online bullion dealer inventory disappearing since yesterday.

I always use APMEX has the sentiment indicator. They had very little available at around 7pm. Then they raised the premiums (90% bags were $4.00 over spot) and added more inventory. I saw fifty $100FV junk bags were available before I went to bed at 11pm. Now this morning nothing is available.

The online bullion dealers have pulled all their inventory in anticipation of higher prices tomorrow.

Tomorrow could be historically epic. :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Last edited by Cu Penny Hoarder on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Bullion dealer inventory is all gone

Postby Country » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:21 am

Bought a few 2021 ASEs at 5 PM on Friday at Provident for $33.55. Price is now quoted at $35.05 and they are out of stock. I think there is a $1+ move for SILVER starting Sunday night. Dealers seem to be withholding stock from the public in anticipation of a large move higher in SILVER.

The only 90% available at Provident are $500 bags of mixed halves for $11225. Everything else is marked SOLD OUT. Definitely, they are withholding inventory here.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:40 am

Country wrote:Bought a few 2021 ASEs at 5 PM on Friday at Provident for $33.55. Price is now quoted at $35.05 and they are out of stock. I think there is a $1+ move for SILVER starting Sunday night. Dealers seem to be withholding stock from the public in anticipation of a large move higher in SILVER.

It's a combo of buying and withholding inventory.

Late yesterday afternoon I kept refreshing Ampex and watching the inventory. It was disappearing pretty fast. Then they doubled the premiums, products were still selling, although not quite as fast. I refreshed again around 1am and all of the sudden nothing was available. They definitely pulled the inventory. I assume many other online bullion dealers did the same.

Silver price will gap up significantly when futures open tonight at 6pm.

Buckle up, tomorrow is going to be wild.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:40 am

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/reddi ... eze-silver

An army of reddit-raiders is descending upon quaint, staid Silver Township.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:04 pm

Glad I got my 2 rounds last week!!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:28 pm

This will be a great opportunity for prepared people. Those underprepared will be jealous, have FOMO, turn to hate, try to fight it, blow up accounts, and generally try to bring down anyone who was wise enough to prepare for it.

This is no joke. People will pile into this and I don't think the majors are going to stand in the way... in fact, should the major banks decide to join, the miners decide to hedge less, and the small investor not sell into the move, then DEAR GOD EVERYONE OUR SILVER DREAM WILL BE REALIZED!!!!!! And even better... realized prematurely!

Don't get cute. Get prepared. Put your orders in your mind of what you will buy/sell and timeframe and exit strategy BEFORE it all happens.

edit... oh oh oh, I need to add Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone thinks they have a plan until they get punched in the face" I know what kind of punches the silver market can throw... DON'T OVERLEVERAGE
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Changechecker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:44 pm

Just grabbed a few ounces of 90% below the jm bullion Premium. Saw a bunch of peace and Morgan at $30.00 plus tax. Was very tempted to pull the trigger. Silver eagles 33.00 plus tax. On the fence. The rest were all well over market. What to do?
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby coppernickel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:08 pm

Monarch PM is nearly out as well. Thanks for the head's up.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:19 pm

Changechecker wrote:Just grabbed a few ounces of 90% below the jm bullion Premium. Saw a bunch of peace and Morgan at $30.00 plus tax. Was very tempted to pull the trigger. Silver eagles 33.00 plus tax. On the fence. The rest were all well over market. What to do?

Wherever you are seeing AME's for $33 each (and in stock), you better buy them right now.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:34 pm

Market Harmony wrote: This will be a great opportunity for prepared people. Those underprepared will be jealous, have FOMO, turn to hate, try to fight it, blow up accounts, and generally try to bring down anyone who was wise enough to prepare for it.

This is no joke. People will pile into this and I don't think the majors are going to stand in the way... in fact, should the major banks decide to join, the miners decide to hedge less, and the small investor not sell into the move, then DEAR GOD EVERYONE OUR SILVER DREAM WILL BE REALIZED!!!!!! And even better... realized prematurely!

I've been preparing since 1985.

I wouldn't be surprised if silver hits $50 sometime this week, perhaps even Monday. Sounds crazy, I know but it's entirely possible during a massive short squeeze.

The FOMO's will be buying paper only because no physical will be available.

I like to thank all the neck-beards out there for all their hard work. :thumbup:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Wow... 50 this week would be crazy
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

ill sell 500 oz at 50
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverflake » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:04 pm

Robinhood now has a limit of buying only 1 share of First Majestic (AG) and Silver Trust (SLV). Already the powers that be are punching back.

Keep stacking, unless they don't let you.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:27 pm

silverflake wrote:Robinhood now has a limit of buying only 1 share of First Majestic (AG) and Silver Trust (SLV). Already the powers that be are punching back.

Keep stacking, unless they don't let you.

They can control paper purchases much easier than physical purchases.

It's going to spike at the open, so please be careful if you are planning to buy physical when bullion dealers open for business. If you're a long time stacker (like me), you should be content to sit back with your popcorn and watch the show.

Here is your free ticket to the showdown starting at 6pm tonight...
Real time live futures chart: https://www.investing.com/charts/futures-charts
Click on "SI", that is the live silver spot price.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Changechecker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:29 pm

Crazy out there for physical. I went back to grab the eagles and figured I would grab the stack of 2021's in case Dave still needed them. GONE!! Between visits someone (or couple of guys) came in and cleaned out all the ASE's and many lower priced silver coins. Only thing left are some low quality numismatics in the $50-$60 range. The dealer whose cases was wiped out will be happy...until he has to source more inventory.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverflake » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm

My point on Robinhood limiting share purchases is that it is a new form of manipulation. Now, I don't use Robinhood myself but thats where the new push is coming from as the reddit wallstreetbets crowd moves from GME (because robinhood now prohibits buying shares but you can sell) to SLV (and AG). I feel like most of us here have been stacking physical long enough to not have too much of a fear of missing out if we can't immediately get physical but i still like trading these paper vehicles in my Roth and IRA. And if TD Ameritrade tries to tell me I can't, I will be a bit upset. I sell covered calls with SLV weekly. Easy money. I also have a position in AG that i have built over years. I bought those shares with the hope that price would rise. If you take away the ability of a large group of investors (reddit) to add to their positions, thus limiting demand, then they are also limiting my potential price rise.

Its starting to feel weird and more broken than it was before.

Keep stacking?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:32 pm

Changechecker wrote:Crazy out there for physical. I went back to grab the eagles and figured I would grab the stack of 2021's in case Dave still needed them. GONE!! Between visits someone (or couple of guys) came in and cleaned out all the ASE's and many lower priced silver coins. Only thing left are some low quality numismatics in the $50-$60 range. The dealer whose cases was wiped out will be happy...until he has to source more inventory.

The higher demand started on Thursday. Bullion dealers pulled a lot of inventory last night and today until they can adjust their inventory, hedges and set premiums in order to deal with the increased demand.

It's going to be a wild ride. Get ready.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:41 pm

if it hits $50 this week i'm clearing out my safe

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:09 pm

Was up 8% at the futures open, but it's fading a bit.

Premiums up significantly on every bullion dealer website. Apmex now charging $8 over spot for 90% bags - ouch
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Changechecker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:13 pm

JM Bullion site down for maintenance.
Provident site down for maintenance
Code word for price adjustments.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby knibloe » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:31 pm

I have a lot of 40% halves that I pulled from boxes several years ago. If silver hits $50 I would like to sell.

-What would be my best way of moving $800-900 face?
-My presumption is that if there is a short squeeze eventually it will blow over and the price will settle back down. Is that what everyone else is thinking?
-If that is the case, I would then reinvest in 90% and or Silver Eagles.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby JobIII » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:34 pm

APMEX keeps having loading issues (connection times out). Currently seeing $50 face bags only $9.99/oz over spot, ASEs as low as 38.84 (for 1000ozs purchased)!

I think they have prepared for the mania, indeed.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:40 pm

knibloe wrote:I have a lot of 40% halves that I pulled from boxes several years ago. If silver hits $50 I would like to sell.

-My presumption is that if there is a short squeeze eventually it will blow over and the price will settle back down. Is that what everyone else is thinking?

At $50 SILVER, I'd sell the whole lot to Provident, or one of the other major market makers. My 2c ....
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby knibloe » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:41 pm

Country wrote:
knibloe wrote:I have a lot of 40% halves that I pulled from boxes several years ago. If silver hits $50 I would like to sell.

At $50 SILVER, I'd sell the whole lot to Provident, or one of the other major market makers. My 2c ....

Thanks
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:49 pm

JobIII wrote:APMEX keeps having loading issues (connection times out). Currently seeing $50 face bags only $9.99/oz over spot, ASEs as low as 38.84 (for 1000ozs purchased)!

I think they have prepared for the mania, indeed.

All Apmex 90% generic bags are $7.99 over spot.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals