Acre gold subscription service

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Acre gold subscription service

Postby texcollex » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:30 pm

After opening the Apmex website I started getting multiple ads (a flood) on my FB feed for precious metals companies. One of these was a company called Acre Gold. They are selling a subscription service where you send them a set amount every month, like $50, and when you've sent in enough to cover the cost of their .9999 fine 2.5 gram bar, they ship you one. Nowhere could I find the current cost of said bar. I'm sure they are charging a huge premium. Has anyone the undisclosed cost of their bars?
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Acre gold subscription service

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:26 pm

I can’t find a price either. Presumably it goes up and down but I suspect it is very very very high.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby texcollex » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Okay the ad popped up again on FB and I see the company rep has actually answered that question in the comments. Recent price for 2.5 gram on Tuesday was $190. Today, Sunday 6/27/21, a 5 gram is $342.23. Pretty high, but I actually expected it to be worse.

Would you trust these guys with your money? Not sure I would.

Apmex bar 5grams right now is $327.55 by PP/CC or $314.45 wire/check.
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Postby coppernickel » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:25 pm

Thank you, I've started getting blasted with the same adds. I have been curious.

Tells me "Big Brother is watching you."

Had to check some stuff at the VA. One question was, which of these numbers is your monthly mortgage? They had the correct one listed.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:33 am

Given they are taking smaller payments monthly and running accounting and advertising that is not a crazy high price. I’ll still be buying good from normal dealers instead. Save up my own money to make purchases. Any rate if you can’t pull together a few hundred to buy a little coin or bar occasionally perhaps making long term purchases like over priced fractional gold is not the right thing to do with your cash.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals