The Franklin that got away

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The Franklin that got away

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Yesterday I went to one of my pick up banks and a teller told me a merchant teller found a Franklin half.

I asked her if she would sell it to me and said that the merchant teller was at lunch and it was in her drawer.

I couldnt wait the 30 minutes and went back to work. But I did leave my name and phone #. This is a bank where the tellers know me very well and I have even brought them candy.

I couldnt make it back that day because I had to go pick up ordered halves at other banks (some of my pick up banks have small vaults and want me to get my halves ASAP)

So today I went in and had to wait in line at the merchant window. I had brought in some candy in the hopes the merchant teller was going to be selling me the Franklin.

Went I got up to her, I asked her if she had the Franklin and she said that she had just sold it to the guy before me :cry:

Luckily, I found a Franklin today in one of the boxes of halves I was going through but it was still hard to see one get away that I could have had at face.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: The Franklin that got away

Postby twentybux » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Dang! So close! Maybe the candy will help her to call you first the next time around.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: The Franklin that got away

Postby UDEric » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:16 am

Just think of the Franklin you found today as the universe balancing itself out :D
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals