Imagine the feedback this guy will get

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Imagine the feedback this guy will get

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-1964-Silver-Cir ... 33665cbec9 Maybe the shipping price is the reason two rolls of quarters are being bid at only $10 and change? Somebody report this guy :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Imagine the feedback this guy will get

Postby Thogey » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 pm

I think e-bay charges juice on shipping too, now....don't they?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:52 pm

I just talked to them about this while I had them on the phone asking "where the heck are my ebay bucks?" They said this practice is currently legal, but that they'll be changing the rules in a couple of months to forbid this type of stuff.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby jtlee321 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:26 pm

In my opinion is it not a bigger crime for eBay to charge such outlandish fees? You would think that the fees would drop a little with it getting sooooo much business. Then if you consider that eBay also owns PayPal and they take a further share of your money just for handling your money. I say power to the people who have found a way around the system. As long as it is not illegal, go for it. I refuse to sell anything on eBay because of the outrageous fees.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:57 pm

Obviously no one wants whatever fee a company chooses to be charged to be "illegal", but here is why I rarely sell on eBay:

- Just today I bought some 90% at under 25x. The seller gets only 88% of that, so the seller is getting 22x. That's more than 4 times face value under what you could get in 5 minutes here.

The popularity of eBay is not like it used to be and sellers get burned by the "snipe" bid a LOT from my experience.

I'm really surprised one of the many free alternatives hasn't risen up and overtaken yet. (Yet)
barrytrot

Postby Thogey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

E-bay's great. Their fees are not out of line considering the exposure an item gets. There is always a cost to sell an item.

But e-bay is a lousy alternative for selling on a very small profit margin, like silver bullion. I sell stuff on e-bay that I could never get a competitive price for locally or on Realcent.

I've been amazed at the prices I've got in the past for stuff I've found for free, or had laying around the attic.

If you want to sell leggos e-bay is the place. Military stuff..e-bay. I once got 20.00 for a ripped up old mink coat (ARTS and CRAFTS). You can sell rocks, colorful bugs/beetles. You can sell broken video cameras, things that I would consider junk.

Have you seen consignment store fees or live auction fees and commissions?

I would not sell bullion on e-bay unless I had no alternative. Usually it does not go well there when all is said and done.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals