Boy, is this buyer gonna get a Surprise!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Boy, is this buyer gonna get a Surprise!

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:33 pm

And not a pleasant one, either Image
http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-BU-Silver-Roos ... 230a413596 At least two bidders should have read the listing more carefully! And to think that I almost got sucked in on this one as well Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Boy, is this buyer gonna get a Surprise!

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:38 pm

whoops!

description is clear - picture is misleading

i bet the seller is looking forward to the hassle from the buyer - i say it will either end up as unpaid or neg. feedback
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Ardent Listener » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:41 pm

1955 BU Silver Roosevelt Dime from Original Roll for your book, OR Silver Collection.

"I will select the best I have from this roll for you. They all Grade BU as shown. It will fill hole in your book.

I have MORE Available as seen in the picture. Need a better grade ? Ask, I may have one and the price will not be that much higher. "

Right, he is likely to send the same coin at a higher price. lol
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Listing has an hour and a half left to run. I sent the seller an email to give him a headsup and, hopefully, save him the hassle of negative feedback over a misunderstanding Image
beauanderos

Postby Beau » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:56 pm

is that Warren Buffet?
now we know how he got so rich.

His email is:

buffa.coins@sbcglobal.net
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't see that the description is all that misleading. It clearly says "dime" (singular) out of a roll. Its obvious the bidders thought the auction was for a full roll. If the seller is any kind of an honest person at all they will not go through with the sale. That is why before I bid on anything I always read the description several times before I bid to make sure I am bidding on a full roll or bag and not just part of it.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:48 pm

wow. even more bids in the last seconds !!
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm

beauanderos wrote:Listing has an hour and a half left to run. I sent the seller an email to give him a headsup and, hopefully, save him the hassle of negative feedback over a misunderstanding Image

Seller wrote back to me, stated he has asked ebay to end the listing Image
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 pm

NDFarmer wrote:I don't see that the description is all that misleading. It clearly says "dime" (singular) out of a roll. Its obvious the bidders thought the auction was for a full roll. If the seller is any kind of an honest person at all they will not go through with the sale. That is why before I bid on anything I always read the description several times before I bid to make sure I am bidding on a full roll or bag and not just part of it.

Word!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby misteroman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 pm

beauanderos wrote:
beauanderos wrote:Listing has an hour and a half left to run. I sent the seller an email to give him a headsup and, hopefully, save him the hassle of negative feedback over a misunderstanding Image

Seller wrote back to me, stated he has asked ebay to end the listing Image

Uh huh sure he did lol :lol:
misteroman

Postby Rosco » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 am

That's why I like Face to Face. But yes read all the words in the description :P
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:10 am

Someone got a smokin deal!
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Kurr » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

Coinflation has as it'sfeatured auction this one gram silver bar.

Another smokin deal for "someone". http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0673068293

Sure wish I could get that for MY gram bars, lol, I'd consider E-bay again, ha ha.

I don't see the issue with the dime sellers description. If any fault I'd say it is with the buyers. Perhaps their attitude is to just "bid away" and complain to ebay when they don't get what they "thought was there".
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 am

Kurr wrote:Another smokin deal for "someone". http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0673068293

Sure wish I could get that for MY gram bars, lol, I'd consider E-bay again, ha ha.

The amazing thing is, the bid history on this gram bar shows some experienced bidders. The newbie in the lead doesn't surprise me, tho Image
beauanderos

Postby dakota1955 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:37 pm

If that deals goes through I know there will be neg feedback
dakota1955

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals